countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty Pets Kindle sports Tools

on January 15, 2017
An unusual love story- sweet and charming. Read it years ago, and was a pleasure to revisit. I highly recommend it as a gentle love story.
on December 6, 2016
I really enjoyed this story. It moved a little slowly in some parts but all in all the story line was compelling.
on November 3, 2016
I read this series when it first came out. This first book was my favorite and I could not put it down as I laughed and cried my way through this wonderfully written story. I have read it again and now I will have it on my kindle to enjoy in the future.
on September 14, 2013
I have read the series before and have it on DVD but wanted to have it on my kindle. I loved reading it all again
on April 25, 2004
I read the first edition of Janette Oke's series (Love Comes Softly)not long after it came out. I think there was probably two in the series when I first started reading the series. Love Comes Softly is wonderful. I loved it and all the remaining books in the series. As I was reading the series I couldn't wait until the next one came out.
Clark and Marty find love in a very difficult situation. I love the part about the biscuts, chicken and the disapointment Marty felt when her Christmas was taken by the snowstorm.
This is a wonderful read. I've loaned my books out to numerous friends and family, so that they can enjoy the story too. I think it would make a wonderful movie (I heard that Michael Landon Jr. may produce a movie from this series OH! I hope it is true).
on January 5, 2004
The book was in excellent shape and I gave it as a Christmas gift. However i would have liked to have kept it. If you have any more for that same price I would be interested in 2 more of them. Thank you. You are very prompt.
Veda
on July 11, 2003
Marty is a young pioneer woman, recently widowed and pregnant with no place to live and no means to go home. Clark Davis asks her to be his wife of "convenience" since he needs a caretaker for his young daughter, Missie, and Marty needs food and shelter. Not at all interested, but desperately in need, she accepts. This first book explains the first 6-8 months of this strange marriage. Marty is determined to pull her weight and do her time until Spring when Clark has agreed to pay her way home. The book is wholesome, funny, suspense filled and holds the reader's interest from cover to cover. After watching a recent movie made from this book, I am reading the series for the third time and would still recommend it to others.
on May 21, 2003
Marty and her new husband are moving west, when disaster strikes. Marty is forced to marry a man she scarcely knows (Clark), who has just lost his wife. The deal is, he takes care of her, if she takes care of his baby daughter. The book tells about Marty's new life, and how she gets through it. In the end, Clark and she fall in love, a perfect ending. I absolutely loved this book. I read it last summer, and was sorry to put it down for good! I would definately reccommend it!!
on April 13, 2003
I could not put this book down. I finished the book in a day. The story was so well developed. The book is so popular that the Hallmark channel made a movie of it. It will be airing on April 13th.
on December 17, 2002
I started reading the "Love Comes Softly" series when I was 15 years old. Now 24, I can say that I love these books more than ever. As I've grow up, there are more and more ways for me to identify with characters in the series. Many reviewers have said that Janette Oke portrays real life with all the joy and pain. Well said! The collection is a wonderful gift to give a young teenager as example of what to expect with Christian romantic love and will be treasured for many years.