Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store fd18 Tools

Customer reviews

slide:ology: The Art and Science of Creating Great Presentations
Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(5 star). See all 18 reviews
on January 3, 2017
Everything I was expected to improve my presentation building skills.
on September 24, 2017
helpfull
on December 5, 2017
Very useful and provides great tools to spark your creative muscles with power point.
on December 15, 2009
This is a very well done book. Covering every aspect of the creation of a State of the Art presentation. A second benefit to read this book is to have a lot of reference to dig a bit more on the subject.
Kudo.
on September 23, 2015
Very interesting and beautiful book
on November 13, 2015
very good book
on March 21, 2009
Highly recommend this book to people who want to learn presentation skills. It's the best book in this category.
One person found this helpful
on June 7, 2009
This is an excellent review of contemporary approach to Presentations. Nancy Duarte, prominent for having shaped Al Gore's approach to his climate change materials and leader of a design house, gives an excellent systematic treatment of Presentations, how to use them, when to use them, what presentations should not be. She covers Brainstorming, Layout, Diagrams, Data Presentation, Design principles, animation and more.

This is not an ideal book for the reader looking for a "How-to". Rather, it is aimed at the reader that has done many presentations and is looking for ways to becoming more effective as a presenter and those seeking to connect with audiences in more effective ways than current corporate presentation culture permits.

Two things stand out:

1st - The case studies, though highly condensed, are excellent. I would have liked to have seen more of them and longer ones.

2nd - The essential conundrum of corporate life isn't addressed - namely that we know, as the book states that a great 1 hour presentation should take 60-90 hrs to produce; but more often you have 8-10 hours to put it together. This book doesn't take up that subject but that in no way detracts from the content and effectiveness of the material that is covered.

Highly recommended.
4 people found this helpful
on June 19, 2009
This is a great book with a lot of useful information on how to create powerful presentations for different situations and audiences. I like the fact that it show examples from simple presentations and illustrations to those for complex stories. Some of the case studies are particular useful for me because they remind me of some presentations I have created over the years, and now I have realized how wrong they were. There are also details in the book about color matching, 3D object creations, visual effects, and diagram creations. I read the book twice and still getting new ideas from the book. This book is certainly a must for professionals.

The only thing missing, I think, is a quick presentation slide in the book to show people that PowerPoint is not meant for documents.
2 people found this helpful
on January 1, 2010
This book is a fantastic resource for anytime you need to present information visually. I work as an design Art Director and I love the pages that simply show me alternative representations for my usual fall-back diagrams. Anytime I want to show a bar or pie graph, I can consult this book and find something a little more unique or compelling. Great examples for moving away from the usual templates or white pages. I'd also recommend the book, Back Of The Napkin. I will always use these two books together whenever I have numbers that I have to get across to someone else.