countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 5, 2016
I was happy with the content and messages, but I found the base font a bit small. A couple points bigger would be more readable. The page layouts may look nice, but it doesn't work if I find myself straining my eyes to read the discussions. I didn't expect a readability challenge from a book on Presentations.
on May 18, 2016
wonderful resource. the first presentation I did after using some of the tips Nancy outlines resulted in participants coming up to me afterward to say how great they thought the slides were! they actually asked if it was PowerPoint :-)
on November 13, 2015
very good book
on September 23, 2015
Very interesting and beautiful book
on February 13, 2014
Easy to read and put into practise. Methods are clear and really help you to put a great presentation together.
on October 24, 2013
Guess what design matters! While Apple figured that out long ago, it's a concept that still escapes many presenters. This book combines good design sense while guiding you through how to structure a story and an excellent talk. Ultimately it's about communicating and engaging with an audience, and saving the world from one more death by Powerpoint data dump. Highly recommended if you speak or present.
on July 23, 2013
One of the best book on that subject that I have seen.

Easy to read with a lot of interesting tips and usage example.
on January 1, 2010
This book is a fantastic resource for anytime you need to present information visually. I work as an design Art Director and I love the pages that simply show me alternative representations for my usual fall-back diagrams. Anytime I want to show a bar or pie graph, I can consult this book and find something a little more unique or compelling. Great examples for moving away from the usual templates or white pages. I'd also recommend the book, Back Of The Napkin. I will always use these two books together whenever I have numbers that I have to get across to someone else.
on December 15, 2009
This is a very well done book. Covering every aspect of the creation of a State of the Art presentation. A second benefit to read this book is to have a lot of reference to dig a bit more on the subject.
Kudo.
on June 19, 2009
This is a great book with a lot of useful information on how to create powerful presentations for different situations and audiences. I like the fact that it show examples from simple presentations and illustrations to those for complex stories. Some of the case studies are particular useful for me because they remind me of some presentations I have created over the years, and now I have realized how wrong they were. There are also details in the book about color matching, 3D object creations, visual effects, and diagram creations. I read the book twice and still getting new ideas from the book. This book is certainly a must for professionals.

The only thing missing, I think, is a quick presentation slide in the book to show people that PowerPoint is not meant for documents.