Echo Spot fd18 boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store fd18 Tools

Showing 1-10 of 74 reviews(4 star). See all 720 reviews
on August 12, 2016
I have socially anxiety disorder and have been shy my entire life. Personality wise, I'm also a bit socially and emotionally inept, so interacting with others in a positive way has often been frustrating and challenging for me. I wanted to work on my skills for professional reasons as I felt my lack of work relationships were holding be back. I found this book fairly helpful in self reflecting on my social skills and working on improving them by being more likeable. At times the suggestions came off as being a bit forced and fake but it truly does make a difference to fake it until you make it. Eventually, with practice some of the suggestions in the book came a bit more natural to me. This book won't turn you from a wallflower to a social butterfly but it can definitely help you to make meaningful relationships with those you meet. With some effort to push yourself out of your comfort zone and practice you will get what you put into it!
6 people found this helpful
on October 26, 2016
Well written. At the time it first came out I can see why people needed this book. The messages in the book still apply to our society today but you will see that we have come a long way since the book first came out and the messages may not seem new anymore but the book is still fun to read.
One person found this helpful
on March 21, 2017
Excellent information. Examples are a bit dated but get the point across. A lot of common sense but a few interesting nuggets in there as well. Would recommend especially if you are new to the sales field or in the position to speak with clients/partners
One person found this helpful
on May 12, 2013
I only bought this because I read it as a youth and found it interesting. After re-reading it, I still think it is very good. I almost never read self-help books, but this has a lot of ideas that, while seeming obvious, are easy to overlook, and easy to lose sight of. It isn't so much an instruction book on how to be a "player" as it is a commonsense guide on how to be a more likable person (and a less obnoxious person).
3 people found this helpful
on May 10, 2018
Overall the book is what you expect. It's a light read, and somewhat insightful, but the lessons are somewhat intuitive. Regardless, it's not a bad read for an airplane or cottage.
on November 17, 2016
This is a great book for anyone looking to improve their "people skills". It has definitely changed my perspective on dealing with people. It is easy to read and follow. This book is cheap and well worth it!
2 people found this helpful
on September 12, 2017
Who can argue with Dale Carnegie. All the ideas relate no matter how old this book is. Some of the examples are dated, however.
on April 5, 2016
I was looking for a book to improve my socials skills in a professionnal manner. Did it help? Easy answer, Yes ! Did I learn something ? Not really, but I figured out that I was doing it wrong all this time. This book is full of smalls tips you already know, but you just don't know how powerful they can be. With all of those tricks, this can be a powerful way to improve relations with your friends/employees/family.
on May 2, 2017
This book was really helpful, and it also reminds us of the things we take for granted, that could go a long way. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for self growth.
on February 26, 2017
bought this book for a school project. Interesting read, though I stopped reading it towards the end. Nonetheless still a great read.