countdown boutiques-francophones Luxury Beauty home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(5 star). See all 4 reviews
on June 30, 2017
A unique and courageous telling of a poignant moment in Toronto history.
on June 14, 2005
A page turner, this book takes you right inside the phenomenon that Toronto's Tent City was. The author isn't so much of an anthropologist as a participant. The story is as much his personal story as it is the story of his neighbours in Tent City. The only thing I had trouble with is that sense of spying on these people. Reading this felt almost like intruding upon their private lives. All in all, however, a great read, especially for Torontonians, or those interested in poverty activism, harm reduction, psychology or sociology.
on July 25, 2011
The book itself was outstanding. I had to read it for a class, and put it off as long as I could, but I found myself saddened when I reached the end.

The condition of the book was much better than I anticipated, seeing as how I bought it used for next to nothing.

I am 100% satisfied with the book, the supplier, and the website.
on February 11, 2015
It's not about Toronto, it isn't comfortable, it's smoking crack for the first time, self loathing.