countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on August 21, 2006
Once I had read the first page of this book I had a very hard time putting it down. I was immediately drawn in by the characters; their thoughts, their stories, their plights. The magic of Before I Wake lies not only in masterfully drawn characters and plot, but also in the author’s ability to create seamless transitions among a handful of narrators. Understanding each character so deeply gives the reader a 360 degree view of the story and makes for a book that you will want to read in one sitting.

Questions raised by Wiersema in this novel show an insight into what it means to be human; what it means to ask questions to which there are no certain answers, to long for things we cannot have, to look for meaning in tragedy and hope in heartache.
on August 20, 2012
I wanted to read some great books by Canadian authors and was recommended this book. This book had me from the start. I can honestly say that if the book is not something that gets me from the beginning then it will collect alot of dust. I loved this book and the way that the story unfolded. When the miracles started happening, I was sure that a great miracle was to occur at the end. The ending - which I will not spoil for others - brought tears to my eyes. Thank you Mr. Weirsema for a great read and now onto the Bedtime Story which I am half way through!
on November 10, 2008
I was haunted by this book from the first 2 pages. The gripping way the author writes about the accident brought me to tears.
It was a very interesting book and I loved the way Wiersema told the story from everyone's perspective.
I would recommend this to anyone. My hubby (NOT a reader) is reading it now after the way I talked about it!
on February 4, 2016
One of those books that are hard to put down until finished