countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty Furniture Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(2 star). See all 6 reviews
on November 28, 2009
At first glance, it has hundreds of recipes for inspiration and that is all what this book is for. If you try some recipes, there are recipe errors with the quantities and measurements, there are also errors with the cook times. In addition, the book is more of a list of recipes and less encyclopedic as it could be. This isn't the book that would explain why you should braise certain meats or how different types of fish cook (easily dry out or stays moist) etc..

However, despite these errors, if you know the basics of cooking through your own studies and need ideas and inspiration, this book could help. I would not necessarily use it to actually cook from, but to find something I've never tried before. I thought it was interesting to see a recipe for duck & honey, types of risotto, chicken with ratataouille etc..What I would do is take from that idea but not use the method of cooking it/measurements.

Some of their recipes are also basic and doesn't necessarily inspire cooking - how to fry sausages, peas with carrots etc..things everyone can make and doesn't necessarily require instructions.

In all, I would probably spend the $20 on another cookbook, but this book isn't a complete lost when it comes to to the ideas and different ways one ingredient can be prepared. I'll admit there are things I've taken from this book with my existing list of recipes (from other sources) and it was fun to try it in a different way.