countdown boutiques-francophones Eco Friendly Cleaning and Care Furniture Kindle sports Tools

on April 9, 2017
A very easy quick read, but Jenny delivers the truth about pregnancy in the most hilarious frank fashion...highly recommended for first timers!
on June 19, 2017
A gift for my Daughter attending college and she loves them. Fast deliver. product just as described. I like this so far this has worked great for us Like as product presentation, both beautiful and simple, and this is what I want and need. I will order again. Product arrived ahead of schedule.
on May 25, 2004
on my second pregnancy with a month to go, I found most of it to be really crass (according to the editorial review that makes me 'uptight'). I also don't care how/why/if she is a celebrity and I got tired of her bringing it up in every chapter (which, by the way, really have no substance to them at all). There are so many funnier, more interesting, informative, and in depth pregnant and 'mommy' books out there ('Girlfriend's Guide', 'I Don't Know How She Does It', etc.) that I found this one to be a huge waste of money. I *might* encourage someone to borrow it from the library, but never to buy it.
on July 17, 2004
Let me begin this by saying that I've always found Jenny McCarthy funny.
That aside, this book could have been so much better. Yes, it's refreshing to see a pregnancy book that discusses topics conveniently left out of most others. It just seemed like she threw the entire thing together in an afternoon. Or less. As I read each chapter, I kept hoping she would have written more or expanded on her experience.
Overall, it was very disappointing. I expected much more from her. Maybe the next one will be better.
on February 12, 2010
This audio book was my first try at listening to a book in the car. I don't think I liked the book that much, I found the first few chapters funny but then felt it was just a long list of complaints. Pregnancy isn't all that bad for me so I have a hard time relating. And the voice for this audio book is not Jenny McCarthy and sounds like someone who has never used foul language before which really took away from the whole book. Hard to laugh at "I am so friggin' miserable" when it sounds like a diction teacher saying it!
on June 3, 2004
Candid, often hysterical "up close and personal" accounts of some of the most embarrassing, annoying, confusing experiences a mother-to-be (or in my case a mother pregnant with her second child) is faced with. It was pure joy and instant relief!...It's as if I was talking to a close girlfriend over a cup of coffee only too happy to discover that I am truly not alone in the occasional feelings of anxiety, guilt, envy, paranoia and general frustration the hormones seem to stir up during this otherwise blessed 9 month period. Humor is indeed therapeutic, an essential tool for successful parenting. Another book that I highly recommend for the same reasons is called "The Pocket Parent." This book is loaded with humor, compassion and hundreds of sanity saving suggestions written exclusively for parents of toddlers. The many short true annecdotes included from the true experts--moms and dads in the trenches of parenthood--continue to help me keep in mind that I am not alone in my hair-raising experiences, thoughts and feelings especially on a really bad day! Both books are excellent additions to your home library that will make you laugh while replenishing your spirit as a more confident parent!
on April 26, 2004
I heard about this book from the Sharon Osborne show, searched everywhere,looking for a Jenny Mc Carthy website to find out how I could get the book, but found nothing. I even e-mailed Sharon Osborne! But no response:( Finally I found out the release date and counted down the days to get it on opening day. Let me tell you, I was the first to get this book in my town. I have read all the pregnancy books there is, but this one is the best. Being a young mother-to-be, it is helping to show me "how it really is going to be." Everything that she went through, I went through and am going through to a "T." I absolutely love this book and HIGHLY recomend it to people who aren't afraid to hear it how it is, not some technical terms. Hey, we're all not doctors, so why read all the other books that have technical terms and sugar-coat pregnancy? I can't express through words how this book has helped me along the way so far, and I guarentee it will help you; by making you literally laugh out loud crying because your cheeks hurt from laughing so hard. It will bring laughter to your stressed-out, mood-swinging, grumpy all the time self. I can't say enough about this book. It is my pregnancy bible, and I am so glad it came out before I'm due to have my son (May 18th!) So, GO GET THIS BOOK! YOU WON'T REGRET IT! IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY! And thankyou Jenny Mc Carthy for writing the best pregnancy book EVER! Oh, and to the people who find this book offensive or disrespectful: It is the 21st century, and if your not comfortable with your body and are too afraid to talk about it, then yeah your right this book isn't for you. But I must add that she wrote this to tell you how it is, being very blunt, and not beating around the bush. This is how she is and if you can't handle the truth, then you're right, don't buy it.
on May 27, 2004
The buzz is right on this funny but "tell all" book. It's so much fun to read that you will keep it on the night stand just to review after reading it. I made my husband read it so he could at least confirm some of the things I had tried to explain to him. He thought it was pretty gross but then changed his mind as the words jumped out at him only confirming what I have been experiencing all along. Even though this is a new baby for him - it's my third and I was still overcome with so many "belly laughs," I had to read it with a little food in my stomach so I wouldn't get the hiccups and literally wet my pants. Men can't experience the mood swings and body changes, but they can relate a little better when reading this book. I think all husbands or even couples who are considering to get pregnant should read this book. While it is a rare find, it may make some wait a while before taking this big step. If you have other kids like us, I suggest husbands and moms read a couple of additional right on target books: The New Father, by Armin Brott and Mommy CEO, by Jodie Lynn. Both books cover tons of things and Mommy CEO includes down to earth tips from other parents. If there are three books that should be handed out right at the doctor's offices, it should be these three. Together, they leave no questions uncovered.
on May 6, 2004
Bring it on momma! I love this book even if it makes me run to the bathroom every few minutes. Being pregnant, at least over 7 months, makes most of us have to go to the potty frequently. Add a true Belly Laugh -- ok pun intended -- and we're sunk. Who cares...it's so funny, light hearted and a total must have for those of us who feel like fat dumpy cows who would like to be thin tanned hotties! It's a hoot! For more laugh out loud books or for a little more on tots to teens, my book club read, Don't Put Lipstick On the Cat, by Debbie Farmer, it's terribly funny with parenting tips too and Mommy-CEO, by Jodie Lynn, a book that leaves all moms going away with a different viewpoint on kids, life and WIFE. Laughing is the world's best medicine and these three books brings back memories to those of us that already have kids but are expecting again. If you believe in moms and the crazy life of motherhood, you'll love all three.
on April 23, 2004
HI there,
Ok Ok.. I was kinda skeptical on how I felt about Ms. Jenny.. I didn't know what to think of her after I saw some of the shows that she was involved in and of course, no one really likes to admit that women can be caddy when it comes to pretty Playboy models.. I have been put in my place and ate my words when I read "Belly Laughs' I didn't realize how FUNNY and witty she was.. I am a pregnant woman who can SO APPRECIATE everything she was talking about in all the chapters.. I am 3 months and have a way to go and it makes me feel so much better that someone so glamorous can share in her fart and constipation stories..not to mention.. its about time someone in Hollywood can be this honest and not talk about where they shopped to get the latest 200 buck preggers T-shirt and the godforsaken Fred Segal.. YUCK!!!
THANKS JENNY.. YOU ROCK MY WORLD..
Kat