countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout All-New Kindle Music Deals Store Home sports Tools

Format: Hardcover|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon July 22, 2016
If you're a true C&H fan, you should *already* own this set. The books are so well put together - the quality of the printing and weight of the paper is fantastic. They don't feel fragile at all; they are actually quite heavy, especially considering they aren't hardcover. When I purchased this the list price was $65 + free shipping, and I feel it's an amazing set for that price.
on July 18, 2016
Best cartoon period!! My father once told me that I had done several things close to Calvin's antics and he would find it funny to relive them through the books. My mother begged me not to give them to my dad right before bed or she would never be able to sleep. Bill Watterson captures the 6 year old perfectly!!!
on July 17, 2016
When I was younger I could not wait for the Sunday comics to come,so I could see what they were up to, and compare it to my 2 boys.
on July 15, 2016
Grand & more-than-complete collection of the work of one of the two finest cartoonists of the last third of the 20th C.: essential for any collector &/or scholar of comic art.
on July 6, 2016
Excellent reading, all families should have this on their coffee table.
on July 3, 2016
Great buy, thank you
on June 25, 2016
This was my sons passing gift (first year in high school!) ...He went from a 54% average in french to a 90% so this is WELL earned indeed!...Much cheaper than if i had walked into a Chapters store ($100.00)
Thanks for your awesome service!
Cindi
I've been a fan of Calvin & Hobbes since they first came out, and bought all the yearly (or so it seemed) anthologies when they were released, happily re-reading each at intervals. Those yearly releases were paperbacks, so when this hard-back bound volume came out, I had to add it to the collection. Not only does it have every strip in it, but they are in a well-made and attractive set. What's not to like if you're a Calvin & Hobbes fan?

This may not be an inexpensive collection, but considering the content it's a good value. There's hard-bound books inside a slip case, all nicely bound and presented. As a book collector, I appreciate good bindings and presentations, and this set ranks with some of the best mass-market releases I've seen. It's durable, and likely to last.

Every Calvin & Hobbes cartoon strip and all the weekend larger strips are here, along with a set of introductory notes about how the strip came into being, and illustrated to show the development of the characters. That's interesting reading, but of course the focus is on the strips. You get three strips to a page, or one weekend strip to a page, and they are in chronological order. Having all the Calvin & Hobbes together in one collection is great, and I've enjoyed working my way through this collection enormously. Highly recommended.
on June 20, 2016
Bought for my husband and daughter . Both are big fans. Shipping was very quick
on June 6, 2016
It's awesome! Great prefaces by Mr. Watterson, and it was a great to remember all the good times with Calvin and Hobbes.