countdown boutiques-francophones Luxury Beauty home Kindle sports Tools

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 24, 2017
Received as described. my brother like it , fine. good . Thin and sharp. Well excellence. Great product.
on April 2, 2017
Stephen Mitchell is always good to read. But what makes this book outstanding is his detailed introduction and explanation of its meaning and context, and also the detailed notes at the back. Of course the poem itself, as it has been reassembled by Mitchell, in his fluent and elegant version, which forms the core of the book, is what one seeks in the first place. I had heard so much about Gilgamesh, but this is the first version that makes it readily accessible, not obscure and difficult.
on February 8, 2017
book is great. it's a blast.
on June 2, 2016
Book came fast. Love it. Great condition. Great book with a great message.
on April 30, 2016
Excellent translation!
on March 15, 2016
Since I don't read Akkadian, I cannot comment on the translation. It was, however, a pleasure to read. Remarkably gripping after all these centuries.
on January 26, 2016
The kindle version isn't formatted properly so it reads like prose instead of verse. Very annoying. Unfortunately I wasn't able to return it.
on October 18, 2014
Very interesting I enjoy every book by Mitchell I belief that there is always some truth in even the stangest story -- there certainly is a strong moral in Gigamesh. I am always fascinated by varying beliefs as to how the gods are involved in our earth lives
on May 13, 2014
I thought it read clearly and flowed magnificently, perfect for someone just starting out with the epic.

I found the end notes to be a great addendum that explained some concepts better. For instance, a clearer explanation on the ark Utnapishtim was told to build.
on March 6, 2014
Ready to read, short story book, interesting in a way too. I breezed through very fast in a day or two I think.