countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 22, 2016
Wonderful book for both adult and children
on July 12, 2016
I've seen the movie wonderful I've read the book it was brilliant I've played the game and it was OK . Really brings me back to my childhood and when I used to play little games and going to my fantasy world .
on March 21, 2016
excellent
on January 24, 2016
I like this book but it feels a bit weird to me. It seems too childish for adults and too scary for children. Very interesting/fun read nonetheless.
on December 17, 2015
Awesome and quite creepy.This edition was illustrated and well put together. A good one for any collector of Gaiman.
on October 8, 2015
Neil Gaiman is a delight
on August 27, 2015
Coraline is a lonely child. With parents who are always too busy to pay any attention to her, in a new home with no friends nearby. Yet with her over active imagination, Coraline explores the new world she is in, with or without her parents’ permission. The house they are now living in is divided into four parts. The actresses on the bottom floor, the crazy old man in the acted, then it is Coraline’s family and the empty flat in the middle. Yet on one rainy day, where Coraline could not go outside and explore, she stayed inside going into the fancy living room. There she found a door. A door that once her mother unblocked it revealed a brick wall that use to go to the empty flat. Soon that door would be the start of Coraline’s grandest adventure.

One faithful night Coraline followed the rats back to the door, which when she opened, was no longer bricked up. On the other side is a mirror image world of her own. Filled with everything she loved and her other Mother and other father who love her and want to spend all their time listing and playing with her. Where the food is good, and there is always things to explore. Yet too good, is also too much, as Coraline loses her parents to this other Mother. Coraline has to invent a game, to not only save her parents and herself, but the other children who did not see through the other Mother’s disguise. Coraline only hope is to outsmart the other Mother, who does not play fair.

Neil Gaiman did an amazing job in this twisted children story. Although it was written for a child, I enjoyed it, even with the simple language used. The pictures drew by Dave McKean were amazing, an excellent surprise for someone who haven’t read a book with pictures in a long time. Coraline hit the big screens as a 2009 children’s animation with Dakota Fanning voicing Coraline. Overall an amazing book, with a very interesting and unique concept.

Check out more of my book reviews at TeenageReads.com
on January 24, 2015
It is catalogued as a children's book but I believe it is enjoyable for all ages. The story keeps getting better and better in every page.
on November 15, 2014
My daughter introduced me to Neil Gaiman and I'm so glad. The book was so spooky and interesting that I ran out and picked up more of his books. Lived it!
on September 11, 2014
I can't help but find Coraline to be an amazing, frightening, fun story aimed at a young audience but appreciated by all ages. If you've watched the movie you could still enjoy the book. The graphic novel is worth a gander but so too is the original book with the original illustrations which are dark. While I adore every Neil Gaiman book I have had the pleasure to read, this book is perhaps my favourite at the moment, and that says a lot. Read it, it's worth reading!