Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store fd18 Tools

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(5 star). See all 14 reviews
on July 29, 2016
This book is HUGE! I was not expecting it to be big as an encyclopedia. I bought a used book and the condition it came in is amazing! It said it was in good condition; however, in my perspective it came basically like new! This book covers everything a wedding family needs to know. There is information about how to tie a tie, what clothes the family should wear, how to plan the food courses and so forth. Theres information about things I never knew would be so important for weddings. For example, what type of workouts the bride should do before her wedding and what happens if you freeze the wedding cake for later on. What I really like about the book is everything in the text is supported by visual pictures. There are illustrations of save the date cards that can help give you ideas for your own and the same goes for the dresses! They show the different types of necks and trains and what body type it would suit. This book is a keep sake that can be handed down to new wedding couples. It really helps you plan a wedding without physically having a planner.
review image
on January 11, 2017
I purchased this book in combination with Mindy Weiss' Wedding Planner and Organizer binder. I found both items to be very well written and contained a lot of helpful information for soon-to-be brides planning their wedding.

After careful research, this came at the top of my list. It really helped solve problems when dealing with multiple personalities, family from both sides wanting to make decisions, seating chart dilemmas, the list goes on. I got married over 2.5 years ago and had over 450 people at my 2-day wedding. Very insightful information with diagrams and I really love the checklist that provides you with important items you need to carry with you on your wedding day- the 'emergency' kit. I followed that to a "T" and believe it or not, I had to use most of those items, including those in my bridal party. Who would have thought you needed fabric tape on your wedding day? Well my MIL did! Thank goodness I had this in my bridal purse.

Overall, great book, will keep it as a momemto and intend to pass it on to the next female in my family who will be getting married.

The only drawback is that this book isn't really catered to those who have ethnic weddings. I had a multicultural wedding (Nikkah/Muslim Ceremony, Christian Ceremony and Reception). Wished it would have more information about those types of cultures. But still give it a "5" star rating!
on May 27, 2014
I was given this as a birthday present shortly after I got engaged and it has been sooo much help for all the things I wouldn't have thought of on my own. Great guideline for getting started on certain steps/processes in the wedding.

I loved it sooo much that I bought it for my friend as she embarks on the wedding journey!
on December 20, 2013
My Niece is getting married and that is the reason I purchased this. She has been using it to get things planned for her big day. Lots of good ideas and helpful hints.
on August 13, 2012
i have been informed that this book covers any topic related to weddings that you can think of.
don't want screamind toddlers, the mother of whom insists is cute and well behaved, at your wedding it's in there.

mother/mother in law a pain in the neck? here's what you do.

oh yeah, and it's funny too.

great book, very helpfull.
on February 25, 2015
Great book for organization, has lots of interesting ideas and hints!
on March 8, 2014
I highly recommend this book, it covers everything and offers many useful ideas and tips. Though some sections are a little outdated as a whole I think this is a must read for every bride.
on July 6, 2008
Excellent book on all the details of your wedding. Mind Weiss includes many ideas for brides on a budget even though she is a wedding planner to the stars. An easy read - the best wedding book I've read.
on March 26, 2010
Fantastic book for brides, covers all aspects and planning stages of the wedding. Includes etiquette, seating, etc. Would highly recommending to new brides.
on June 14, 2013
This book was a huge help for me with planning my wedding, it was full of helpful hints and what to do and what not to do