Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on August 18, 2010
I'm already a vegan (10+ years). For me the book weighed too much on the animal rights side and not enough on the healthy lifestyle side. There wasn't a lot of practical go-to stuff included in the book (though the meal plan is nice). Rather, there are a lot of lists of what is in non-vegan food/processed food that will make you sick. They are meant to shock, but my eyes tended to glaze over them--It was like reading long lists of names in the bible, "and hydrogenated oil begat trans fat, and trans fat begat casin, and casin begat refined sugar." It was kind of boring.

I was disappointed by the focus of the book. Not the motivating, practical, tough-talk guide I thought it would be. I probably won't be picking up any of the other books.

That said, it was a super quick read. If you're looking for motivation to go vegan, maybe it will work for you. But, if you're already a vegan it will probably just be old news.
on June 21, 2014
I'm interested in fitness and health but this book doesn't promote a sensible way of eating, in my opinion, though the marketing for it is phenomenal, hats off to the promoters. Wish the book was as good as the hype.
on November 12, 2015
No problems with seller or shipping, but the book itself was a huge disappointment.
It came recommended by friends but I would not recommend it to anyone, vegan or not. The information was disorganized and presented in a difficult manner to follow. Often the fun "b" attitude turned quickly into judgmental condemnation. Lot's of better options out there that are both informative and motivational. I also bought a book by Mike Matthews at the same time as this, and it blew this one out of the water.
on January 8, 2010
I wish I would have read the reviews before I bought this book. Like some of the other reviewers, I was lured by a catchy title and the first couple of pages. But after that they totally go on a rant about becoming vegan, and the government and the meat/dairy industry. Although I agree it is a healthy lifestyle and I will try and implement some of their suggestions, I feel that this book is misleading and that they should be honest about the content. They play it off as a diet book (which I guess in a way it is), but really it's a book to convince people to become vegan with the promise of becoming a "skinny bitch".
on June 12, 2013
I wanted to know about a diet plan not a recruitment plan for Vegans. It does make you think how we abuse animals for our own needs, but I live in Canada and regulate some slaughter houses and none of what they talk about goes on at these facilities. Additionally, not every town caters to all vegan needs yet and I'll bet dollars to donuts (donuts made from almond butter and tree bark if you like) all that food is just as over processed as all the other food we put in our bodies. Well written though, and a very easy read. All in all, a firm two thumbs down from me, I'm disappointed in the book it does not address nutrition in a manner I find useful.
on July 3, 2008
A weight-loss book in which the two authors try to cajole, guilt and bully the reader into becoming vegan. Aside from that, it's mildly amusing.