countdown boutiques-francophones Luxury Beauty home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on April 2, 2017
Fantastic but I accidentally bought for my 3 and 5 yr old oops! Should have bought the younger version.
on February 22, 2016
This whole series is wonderful for talking to my daughter about sex and puberty. They are informative without being graphic or using stupid euphemisms. I highly recoment this series.
on January 7, 2017
Great book to teach kids about the birds and the bees. Great illustrations as well.
on July 7, 2017
Easy way to introduce those topics to your kids.
on July 18, 2017
Informative. Great pictures.
on August 16, 2000
This book is perfect for children to read before entering puberty! Robie Harris explains male and female body parts (inside and out), what changes take place during puberty, how an sperm fertilizes an egg, what sex is, what love is, what happens during pregnancy (including how a baby grows and how one is born), different types of families (gay, straight, adoption, etc), good and bad touches, and even a bit about HIV and AIDS.
The author explains everything very honestly without being judgmental, although he leaves room for a parent to explain his or her own values to a child. For example, while explaining masturbation he writes, "Every family has its own thoughts and feelings about masturbation...Some people and religions think it's wrong to masturbate."
The book covers a lot of information, but presents it in a fun and simple way. The cartoon illustrations are complete without being terribly graphic, and the small bird and bee throughout the book serve as "tour guides". This book will definitely be on my bookshelf when my daughter starts asking questions.
on October 3, 2016
This is the second book in this series and it is just as wonderful as the first book. So much information is packed within this big soft cover book it is amazing. I love how it fit on the bookshelf and blends it. But stands out that I am able to pull it out, and show anyone new to my home, this wonderful book. I show this book off very often because I am so proud to own such helpful books for my children. I feel like a great mom being able to open doors to knowledge for my children through books and family time. I love reading this book together with my 7 year old. She has a lot of questions that this book is able to answer. This is a great book to have around.
on February 1, 2000
Harris and Emberley have done it again! "It's So Amazing!" is a much-needed follow up to their prior book, "It's Perfectly Normal."
The text is clear, while maybe a little advanced for the younger solo reader -- this would be a good one for parents and kids to read together at first. Numerous captions and illustrations help children understand the material more fully, and are entertaining, to boot.
The bird and bee characters are back, too, speaking many of the feelings, doubts, and questions real kids may have when mulling over the information. They provide some comic relief, but their function as a sounding board is more important than many people realize. This can be confusing (and hard to believe) stuff.
There is much more in-depth material on the actual mechanics of reproduction and birth than in "Normal," but it is nicely balanced by the sections on how families are formed, how families relate to and love each other, and what makes each person unique.
This would make a perfect teaching tool for a kid who has a basic understanding of anatomy and physiology, but is ready for some behind-the-scenes details as to how babies are created, and how they grow into children who then grow into adults -- and start the whole process over!
on May 10, 2004
First off you need to know this is a large book. It's huge. The picture does not at all convey how huge this book really is. It's about two times the size of a normal size book. I really don't think the description is adequate. I expected this to be a basic story book. It is far more than that. This is a very scientific book. It is a lot like the book "A Child is Born" only geared for kids. By this I don't mean watered down or talking down to kids. It is perfect. In fact I would venture to say you could actually use this as your primary educational tool when teaching your kids about sex for the first time. I originally got a book that was advertised as being the best book to read to your kids when telling them about sex. Actually I think this is 1000 times better b/c it has pictures, it tells it graphically but in cartoon style. It is FAR less traumatic for those parents who don't feel comfortable broaching this subject. I will be using this as my primary book from now on. I am fully impressed. It is really underrated if you ask me.
on July 7, 2014
Don't need quite so many photos of men naked.......!