countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout home All-New Kindle sports Tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on May 19, 2003
This book allots much space to stuff you find everywhere - what is a pivot table, for example - and on matters of conjecture and taste -does a pie chart "accurately" portray the data, for example. This space could be put to better use.
The section most interesting to me is Chapter 7 (30 pages) - Creating Interactive Charts. Unfortunately, there are errors. Some are only annoying, for example, on p. 213 telling us to enter Sheet1!Dates when the correct entry is =Sheet1!Date (plural is a typo, and no equals sign means no success). Simple errors, but I didn't like trial and error to discover the correct entry.
Other errors are tougher to fix, as on p. 228 where we are told to enter =N(OFFSET(Dates,(ROW(OFFSET($A$1 ... etc)) (I haven't filled in all the line). This procedure doesn't work at all, and an explanation of how it is supposed to work is "beyond the scope of the book". In trying to fix it, I found my own interactive graph that plots every N'th point and automatically adjusts to fit the selected data. Is a thank you in order?
Bottom Line: This book is padded and contains errors that consume much time.