countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Hardcover|Change

on May 16, 2016
Very unusual book. Both myself and my wife loved it. Highly recommended.
on June 28, 2015
Intriguing and different from Peter Robinson's usual.
on November 29, 2014
I liked it a lot. Quite different than Robinson's usual story but captivating.
on November 21, 2014
Really enjoyed this book!!!!!! Thanks......
on December 2, 2013
This stilted novel is at one with it's stilted narrator. What a waste of time! I really don't know what Robinson was trying to achieve with this claptrap effort. I usually enjoy his fiction but this novel has actually changed my view of him as a writer. I don't think I will bother reading anything else by him for a very long time. Save your money and your time: avoid this book.
on March 7, 2013
Disappointing for a Peter Robinson book, I found the main character weak and lacking in credibility, the whole story seemed somehow contrived. I have read every book by this author and would therefore consider myself a fan, but I did not enjoy this one.
on January 27, 2013
I am a big fan of Peter Robinson's books, especially his Inspector Banks books. This book was mediocre and I did not enjoy it very much.
on January 15, 2013
Again, another great book and halfway through. I want to read ALL his books as they are exactly my kind of flavour.
on July 14, 2012
I really enjoy Robinson's Inspector Banks novels but this novel was incredibly boring. I kept reading it thinking it had to get better but it was truly awful. Save your time and money and do not buy this book.
on July 13, 2012
Robinson is a mediocre writer, but his Inspector Banks books are usually entertaining, and the Yorkshire setting is interesting. But this book is awful. The writing is cliched and pedestrian, and the main character is a bore. I plodded on for about 100 pages, but that was more than enough to tell me it was a waste of time.