countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty Home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on September 18, 2016
Unlike the USMLE exams for which a number of books/resources exist, Canadian Medical Licensing Examination does not have a lot of resources to prepare from.

I would suggest that this book is read LAST,after exhausting Toronto Notes and the 5-Minute Consult series or the Fred Ferri desk reference.

This book essentially focuses the the vast amount for the exam with some good flow charts and boxes of information.I found a lot of typos and errors in the text,a little more of careful editing would be nice. As an information source it is just about ok?
on May 27, 2016
biggest waste of money.
on March 19, 2016
Great product for the boards
on June 7, 2015
good
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon August 16, 2014
Decent prep book for the LMCC1. Not too overwhelming but just enough detail to get the job done.
on November 28, 2012
Very confusing explanation . I wish I can send it back., I don't know if I can, because I don't read it at all. That was the worst medical book.
on March 24, 2012
This book may work as a guideline for topics that you need to study but it should not be your main/only resource. There are mistakes printed in the book, and large gaps in information. Use with caution.
on January 28, 2012
Essentials for the Canadian Medical Licensing Exam: Review and Prep for MCCQE Part I , i bought this book but defiantly it is waste of money. very useless book.
My advice it is total waste.
Thanks
on December 29, 2011
The first thing I noticed about this book is that there are a lot of acronyms -- and it is too time consuming to look up their meanings (at the back of book). I am speaking as an IMG, who is unfamiliar with the acronyms, so I find them a bit confusing and stressful (maybe the CMG's out there would be more familiar with the acronyms in the book). I stopped reading the book after chapter 3 and opted to review Toronto Notes for MCCQE1. There are a lot of typo errors, too.
on April 6, 2011
is this book worth the money? hmmmm...... considering the fact that there are very few review texts for this exam... maybe.

I read toronto notes. I read this. The only advantage to this book is that it summarizes some differentials in some novel flowcharts. Some of these flowcharts need to be edited as they seem to be needlessly complicated.

Oh yeah - some parts of this book are so similar to toronto notes that it is very suspicious.

This book is by no means 'essential'. It is nice that they include an online copy and online questions (I added a star for this point alone).

This book completely ignores the fact that there is a CDM section on the exam. Deducted a star for this. This would be SUCH an easy thing to write a section on. CDM questions are very daunting when you think about them - but they're REALLY not that hard compared to MCQs - they really just require memorizing lists. Lists that could be arranged and sorted for us in this book!!

If a second edition addressed most of these concerns (as well as spelling errors - yikes!!) then this book would be more 'essential'