countdown boutiques-francophones Eco Friendly Cleaning and Care Furniture Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on May 28, 2013
I've read that book few years ago (then sold it and finally bought it again) and it's a real must if you need to think about the user's experience when developing a web site (I mean, you HAVE to think about it if you're the designer/developer who's in charge of deciding the structure and look of it).

The principles in this book are really important. It's small size make it easy to read and it's a lot more entertaining than other books like Jacob Neilson's Web Usability...
on April 1, 2013
The content of Don't Make Me Think is simple and that's why it works. Many fundamental design principles are included and Krug breaks them all down in simple English.

The only flaw from my perspective is the portion on usability testing, which doesn't apply to freelancers or non-business owners. Unless you have the time to get several people to test your site there just isn't any relevance.

Good read.
on July 27, 2013
I bought the Kindle version of this book. At the time I was desperate to figure out how to build one of these seemingly mythical 'usable' web apps. The book was the right fit at the right time. Our team was in the middle of designing webpages where I was the least knowledgeable person. This helped me see issues we were facing, like trying to cram all types of things on the home page above the fold.

Making the purchase was easy, I got the sample than it seemed like exactly what I needed to solve my lack of usability knowledge. I recommend to all internet entrepreneurs who are the 'business guy' trying to understand web development.
on July 25, 2015
The book is short. The book is written in an easily understandable way. I don't it adequate for someone who wants to take the web design or development seriously.
Since this one is not the newest edition, the examples can be dated.
on March 17, 2014
This book does a great job of illustrating how people use the internet, what they are looking for, and what they will avoid. This is great information for marketers, small business owners, everyone!
on September 10, 2007
The content is great and the book lives up to its reputation.
I am very unhappy with the binding (New Riders) for this 2nd edition, however. Not more than an hour into reading the book the binding is falling apart at several places. Now I have a book I thought I'd keep a long time barely being kept together with several pieces of scotch tape.
on November 16, 2016
One of the best books for understanding UX.
If you need to design a User Interface, this book will guide you on how to avoid confusing the users.
on June 26, 2017
Super book to help you setip your website
on July 2, 2017
Excellent book. Very well written. Every web designer and software developer should read and understand the concepts presented.
on April 23, 2013
I thought this book was great. It was full of great tips and examples, written in an informal, easy-to-digest fashion. Lots of ideas that you could put into practice right away and explained very clearly. Terrific if you want to get right down to work on your website and make some quick and easy changes. Also good ideas for longer term stuff. Highly recommended.