countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on August 10, 2016
I enjoyed Piper's connection of his experience to scripture to what God revealed to him at various points in his journey. As a chronic pain suffer, this book touched my heart.
on June 15, 2016
It's wonderful, thanks
on April 20, 2016
not bad
on April 19, 2016
II HAVEN'T READ THIS ONE YET
on March 6, 2016
Very encouraging and uplifting!
on January 18, 2016
Excellent
on December 27, 2015
An interesting read.
on October 28, 2015
He goes on and on about other people's life stories. It becomes repetitious that it gets boring. There needs to more detail about his time in heaven.
There was a car crash, and Don Piper died. This story is an autobiography about his recollections and evidence of what happened to him before and after his death… In his OWN words. That’s right, after 90 minutes of being dead, he came back to life!

He says that he was in Heaven, standing at the gates, surrounded by friends, loved ones and those who had influenced his coming to Christ, who had already passed away. He had an immeasurable sense of peace, joy and happiness as he approached the radiant gates to Heaven. . . but he never made it in, he returned to Earth to an immense amount of pain, multiple surgeries and a very long recovery. What he also found, along the way, was that sharing his message, and his experiences have brought, peace, happiness, hope, relief and many other positive impacts to everyone he’s encountered. That, he feels, is why he was brought back to Earth. Innumerable prayers were answers, miracles occurred – which defy logic or scientific understanding for Don to be present and tell his story.

As a child, Don had a love of movies from Gone with the Wind to Schindler’s List, and now his entire life will be brought to life on the big screen, including the dramatic events which lead to his death, and coming back to life! This book is currently available in 46 different languages and have sold over 6 million copies! On November 11, 2015 this story hit the big screens.

One thing that really impressed me in the personal update included in the preface is that he is not sharing his message with only one type or denomination. He states that “there will be no denominations in heaven…[there] nothing divides us.” He personally vowed to never discriminate in response to a speaking invitation.

Also, he’s used the money he’s received not for himself, but for others, donating books to schools, prisons, the military and support groups; he’s helped after disasters such at the Virginia Tech shooting, horrific tornadoes like the one in Louisiana (Isaac), as well as other catastrophes and crises in the world. He’s also helped with fundraisers, children and adults who were handicapped, and the list just goes on.

The only downside to the book itself, in the beginning, is that I found it to be very repetitive, especially as he attempts to explain his Heavenly experience. I feel that this is because he struggled with how to put this into words. Once the story progresses however, there were many interesting details from his experiences, and those he has come into contact with. One thing to note, is that there is a few passages with details that would not be suitable for children, such as when he explains his injuries, which were many.

I was sent a hard copy version of this book in exchange for my honest opinion. I removed one star only because I found it a little slow and repetitive at the beginning, but I did very much enjoy reading this novel, and cannot wait to see this on the big screen!
review image
on September 9, 2015
I can’t even begin to imagine the joy I would feel in heaven, nor can I imagine the pain and heartbreak I would feel if I suddenly found myself back on earth in a broken body. Rev Don Piper recounts his journey from heaven to earth.

On the way home from the Baptist General Convention of Texas on January 18, 1989 Rev Don Piper was in a terrible car accident in which he died and immediately went to heaven. In “90 Minutes in Heaven”, Rev Piper describes what heaven is like, but the book concentrates more on his life after the accident.

Rev Piper suffered greatly with pain and depression. It made him want to return back to heaven where there was no pain or suffering, that wasn’t to be as faithful people kept Rev Piper uplifted to God in prayer.

“90 Minutes in Heaven” shows us in a very real way that God still answers the prayers of the faithful but we have to pray that it is God’s will and not our own. God still preforms miracles today, we just need to believe and trust in His power, grace and mercy.

Most of the time we are so caught up in ourselves that we do not realize that the reason that God spares our lives, when we are faced with the trials that he puts us through, is that He wishes for us to be an inspiration to others who are going through a similar situation.

The story is a story of hope, faith and trust in God that allows us to face whatever trials come our way.

This is a must read book that can change lives. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is seeking to see that God can and will work miracles in our lives. You will want to give it to your friends so that they can be encouraged by it as well.

I would give this book 5 out of 5 stars!

There is also a movie about Rev Piper that will be released on September 11, 2015. Starring Hayden Christensen (Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones, Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith), Kate Bosworth (Remember The Titans, Blue Crush) Michael W. Smith, Fred Thompson, Dwight Yoakam, and Jason Kennedy. It is presented by Giving Films.

Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of the book "90 Minutes in Heaven" in exchange for my review. All opinions are 100% my own.