countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on August 13, 2000
For anyone newly diagnosed with Celiac disease, it doesn't take long to figure out the Bette Hagman is 1st in gluten free cookbooks. Her previous books not only contained recipes, but wonderful information for Celiacs. So I must say I was disappointed to find out that I could not try a large portion of the recipes in this book because they all contain a flour that I am unable to obtain. Bette's latest favourite flour is sorghum flour, and it is produced in the U.S. by JOWAR foods. Neither my local health food store, nor myself via their web page, have been able to get a response on ordering this flour to be shipped to a Canadian address. What recipes I have been able to try have been wonderful, but with the main section of this book based on having sorghum, I would not recommend this book unless you have access to this ingredient.
on November 25, 2012
As a whole the book is ok. I've tried some breads and they turned out well and some didn't. Bread can be a tricky thing to make. The best recipe is the pizza dough. It's great! This book is worth buying just for the pizza dough recipe.
on September 7, 2014
I am sorry to see everything has xanthan gum in it. the recipes look inviting besides that
on January 15, 2011
A great book in its time but outdated now with new ingredients available
on August 15, 2001
This book is probably heaven for celiacs, but for those who are just looking to avoid wheat (not all gluten) it may not fit the bill. I am on a high-protein diet and the suggested flour mixes that contain CUPS of cornstarch would probably put me in a hypoglycemic coma! If you are looking for recipes for alternate flours just because you are seeking a healthier diet, this probably isn't your best bet.