countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports tools Registry

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on August 9, 2016
I finally bought this book, it has been on my wish list since I saw Rob Lowe on Oprah talking about it years ago. I am an avid reader, as well as a writer, so I'm usually hesitant to read something by someone who isn't typically a writer because I fear I'll be unfairly critical, or bored. But I was so pleasantly surprised! Being a kid who grew up in the eighties I knew (of) a lot of the people and references he mentioned and it brought me back to that time in my life as well. And now, being a parent of an actor in college, my heart was moved as I read Rob Lowe's journey about things I can't imagine my son going through at such a young age. This is the first book in a very, very long time that made me cry when it was over. I felt so invested and I knew I would miss my new "friend" as I finished the last page. I have since purchased the audio book (read by the author himself) for my son as a gift for his upcoming birthday. ... I am delighted to see Rob Lowe has another book as well - I know what I'll be getting for Christmas!
on February 6, 2016
Hilarious and honest. Really enjoyed this. I have bought it for several people, everyone has enjoyed it.
on June 29, 2015
Absolutely smooth perfect international transaction. Recommended.
on December 6, 2014
Very very surprising book. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Amazing how many lives he has touched during his life and career.
on August 2, 2014
Funny and readable
on March 22, 2014
I have always liked Rob Lowe and now I know why. This book is entertaining (with all the name dropping) extremely funny, revealing and genuine. Rob Lowe writes his story with harsh honesty and never tries to sugar coat the poor judgement of his past. I was beyond impressed with his writing skill and story telling and was sad when I finished the book because I wanted to keep on reading. I really hope he continues writing as it appears he has been gifted.
on January 3, 2014
I purchased this book as one of Amazon's bargain book offerings to fill out my order for free shipping, so my expectations weren't very high. I was pleasantly surprised. This book was interesting, well written, emotional, and everything that a good book should be. I have now read this book more than once and would recommend it to lovers of biography and memoir.
on December 8, 2013
This book was a great read. An inspiring book that allows the reader inside Hollywood. I'd also recommend it to any person in recovery.
on August 19, 2013
I didnt know much about rob lowe before purchasing this book but am glad i did, he has some great stories and has had an interesting life
on January 1, 2012
I quite enjoyed Rob Lowe's book. I like how he wrote, not trashing anyone but you could read between the lines whom he regarded highly and who he did not. It gave you an insight to the growing up in Malibu during the 70s and 80s. What it is like to be an actor during that time. He seems to be what he projects in interviews...a really nice guy!