countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty home Kindle sports Tools

Showing 1-10 of 84 reviews(2 star). See all 6,584 reviews
on July 16, 2017
Before removing the plastic I noticed something wrong with the box and after removing found the corner was almost ripped straight through.

Also pages on the books were torn
review image review image review image review image review image
on January 10, 2017
Livres de mauvaise qualité. Les pages tombent toutes seules...
on October 9, 2016
Some of the books came damaged.
on December 6, 2014
The case that holds all the booksame was cut from shipping lucky it wasn't the books, but books are nice!
on August 6, 2014
too small. poor paper.
on May 27, 2016
The CONTENT of the books are amazing, there's no question about it. I would give the writer 5 stars.

The only reason I gave 2 stars instead of 5 for this PRODUCT is because I think the packaging of the books were not good. TWO of the books (3 and 6) had small tears on the back of the covers. I should have taken out all the books and examined them closely one by one on the very first day I got them delivered. By the time I noticed the first tear, it was too late for me to return them as it had been over a month after purchase. I might have been more forgiving if it was one tear that I found but I found TWO. I think it's a sign that the way the factory robot or worker places the books inside the box is not careful enough. This was my first time buying boxset books and so in the future I will be examining each book carefully right on the first day.
on January 8, 2013
not what i expected somehow i thought the set was hard to showcase online and expected far more for this price. finish was cheap and cheezy not what i had in mind, bindings were ok but for this amount of money i expected far more.
on December 10, 2000
I am a Harry Potter fan, i've read every one over and over, but i have to say this is definately the worse. The book is not only predictable at every part, but it drags on and on and is incredibly boring. The Harry Potter books are too childish and predictable to be read, but i can understand why kids would like them. For some reason kids like to read the same thing over and over and over, and reading the Harry Potter books is pretty much doing so. Here is the layout for all 3 books. 1.) Harry Potter is at the Dursleys 2.) He recieves some letters from his friends 3.) He wants to get out of the Dursleys 4.) He is somehow rescued from them, either from running away or from the weasleys, or hagrid, or the quidditch world cup 5.) He goes to Hogwarts where there is some sort of a problem 6.) He spends half his school year trying to solve the problem while dealing with his school work. 7.) There is some sort of a mystery to the problem 8.) Then there is the climax where the culprit/mystery is revealed 9.) Somebody rescues harry from almost being killed 10.) Problem goes away. 11.) everyone goes home for the summer and harry is a hero every time.
Dont you think it is a little dumb to have the main character be the hero at the end of every single book? I mean, there is nothing special about his skills at anything except quidditch, he is not especially strong in certain areas like spells or dueling, the only thing special is the lightning scars on his forhead. So take my advice, go ahead and read the books, and look out for the cliches, and then you will see that the only reason these books are so popular is because of these cliches. ...
on August 1, 2016
A few pages were torn and bent and the box is just made of simple cardboard.
on February 7, 2002
Here we have a book--or I should say a set of books--that has "captured the imagination" of us all. Well I can't speak for "us all" but these books certainly aren't in my top 10 book list. It isn't even in my top 100 books. J.K. Rowling writes simplistically. The virtue (if that is the correct word) of these books are that they are easily accessible and comprehensible to children. The characters are mildly comic, and the fantasy is enjoyable. However, the characters, just the same, are cliches of book characters. Who hasn't read a book with a teacher's pet/book worm? An arrogant idiot?
I must merely say that I read these books--and I liked them to an extent--but for those of you looking for something miraculous that lives up to all of this hype, tough luck. And for those of you that have read these books many times and remain entertained, I can only wonder about how that works.
And still, for those of you who say they are the "best books you have ever read," I can only wonder how that works. It must either be that you haven't read much at all, or that you have very odd criteria for such books.