countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on November 21, 2002
Disappointed. I am a devoted NYT Sunday puzzle doer. I have done about 4 weeks worth of puzzles since I aquired the book. Of the 50 or so words/terms/places, etc. I have looked up, I found probably 5. This is NOT the crossword puzzle dictionary I remember from years ago, which was tailored to actual multi-word clues, and did not just provide "synonyms" for single word entries.
on August 25, 2000
I admit to a bias, since one of the authors was my dad, now deceased. He worked on this for many years, and it is indespensible for word game and puzzle lovers of all types. Even using it to solve disputes in Scrabble is of great help.
The organization is very "user-friendly" with name places, geographical sites, etc. highlighted. It is probably the most comprehensive (more entries)book of its type.
It truly makes a wonderful gift for word game and word puzzle lovers. They will keep it right by their favorite game table or reading chair.
on March 21, 2000
When my A-Z Crossword Dictionary fell apart from overuse, I was anxious to try the NYTimes Dictionary. I wish I had ordered another copy of the A-Z instead. In the A-Z, I was able to find more answers, and the foreign word sections were much better than in the Times. Also, the Times Dictionary lists foreign countries in dark gray boxes which make the text very hard to read. Love the NY Times crosswords, but the Dictionary needs work!
on March 16, 2000
I have a first edition copy of this book, which I've had for many years. It's pretty tattered, as I use it often and think it's the best crossword puzzle dictionary around. Thanks for a great book.
on May 22, 2014
The print in this is terrible as everything is in upper case, so hard to read what is the clue and what is the answer. Do not really recommend this as a good source of looking up crosswrod clues.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 16, 2003
I used the original edition for years until it finally fell apart, so this latest edition is a most welcome addition to my library. It is very helpful for any crossword fanatic like myself.
on July 13, 2014
Picked this up to replace the earlier edition that finally became so worn the pages were falling out. Perhaps not quite so terrific as the last edition but very useful nonetheless.
on March 29, 2012
This crossword dictionary is not that bad ,I thought my older version was better,but this one is okay,it will serve the my purpose.
on June 6, 2001
This is one of the best dictionaries I have found. It gives the best answers in any category there is. Is there a fourth edition?
on February 26, 2014
It was not half as good as the old paper back New York Times crossword dictionary I had before this one.