countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more Coffee Week home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports tools

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on June 8, 2000
I'm an adult and I can't wait to try these projects. Who says kids are the only ones that get to play and explore with art ideas? The Gaugin project looks brint and mysterious, and the Michelangelo painting on the underside of a table is a must do. So, let's have an art party and invite only people who like to have fun! (Besides, I'm to busy to learn about all these cool artists in big huge wordy adult books, and these great one- paragraph descriptions -- with a portrait sketch -- are perfect for me. Interesting too.)
on April 1, 2000
This book was very helpful in putting together my art studio curriculum. I teach fine and creative art to small children. I needed more great lessons to expand my classes...This book was so great that it dissapeared soon after my classes started...I have looked everywhere...and assume that it is a lost cause. I am here to buy a new copy. I highly recommend this book for teachers as well as parents. No child is too young to start exploring art! Especially with an enthusiastic adult!
on December 1, 2001
This is a wonderful book for ways to spark an interest in both art as an activity and art history. I work with kids from ages 2 - 13 and this book has ideas that will work for most of that range. A variety of materials are suggested and the historical information helps bring perspective to the artists work, even for young minds. I highly recommend this for the home or school. I even bought one for my daughter's middle school art teacher for use at the school.
on December 3, 1999
Intoduce your kids to the great artists by doing projects that imitate the artists style. For example, read a short paragraph about Michelangelo's life and then mimic his technique by lying on the floor and painting the "ceiling" above (tape paper to the underside of a table for the "ceiling").
on May 20, 2001
I have been looking for a new ways to teach children about art, and this book had all that I was looking for and then some. I am very impressed with the stress on the process over the finished product and the wonderfully creative approaches used to teaching children about art. A terrific book!
on November 4, 2012
I purchased this book as a resource for my 5th grade art class. The students enjoy learning about the artists and trying their hand at copying their style.
on August 30, 2016
adaptable to any grade. gets you thinking about the artist and the process. Many colleagues have wanted to borrow and check out.