Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM home Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Customer reviews

Eating Alive: Prevention Thru Good Digestion
Format: Paperback|Change

on March 25, 2015
I'm only half way through this book right now, and even though it's the same age as me (lol) it's packed full of information. Very informative on how each part of the body works and how everything is connected so if one thing isn't working, this isn't working or this is overloaded and this will happen etc. I have gastro-paresis (over 5 years) and type one diabetes (over 21 years) so I've been researching and learning about foods and the digestive system for awhile. I'm all for the natural way of healing too. I make all my own foods from scratch so that I know EXACTLY what is in my foods, etc and am even a fitness coach to try and help others too with my knowledge. This book is definitely helping me a lot! I'm vegetarian, and was actually surprised at how many recipes were available to that lifestyle. They're also quite simple to make and simple ingredients mostly. I've made a few so far and they were delicious! I'm looking forward to finishing this book and gaining all the knowledge I can. I also ordered the second one too.
on November 28, 2017
Excellent, timeless. This book is beyond underrated, though I suppose it was not on the NYTimes best seller list for good reason: it would have crashed the stocks of big pharma.

Consider it mandatory reading if you are at all interested in symptoms of any disease in your or your loved ones bodies.

Permanent shelf material.
on April 15, 2017
This is a great book I sent to a relative who was not doing well. She can now keep food down because of following at least some of what the book instructed.
on September 6, 2014
I have had this book before but loaned it out and never got it back. I followed Matsen's program of eating, and not only lost weight but put my body back into good working order. I found out the things that I was eating that were not healthy, and omitted them from my diet, I grew to understand how my body works when I consume food, and so enjoyed learning from the clever pictures in the book. I am again going to use this book to help me get back into health again. I have even ordered one for a friend who is having trouble with her body so she can learn for herself how it works. I thank John Matsen every day for the things he has taught me.
on July 2, 2016
So much information in an easy to read format. Playfully done, yet so informative, insightful and inspiring.
on August 6, 2017
I now know how digestion works, and follow a great diet. I beat most of my food intolerance that I had before reading this book.
on October 28, 2016
If you're looking to change your eating habits to better serve your body, this is the book to read.
on February 21, 2017
Book is in good shape doesn't seem to have been read at all.
on December 10, 2014
Great read, arrived quickly and in fantastic conition. Thanks!!
on September 1, 2013
The book arrived on time and was packed very well. I would recommend them for any and all your book needs. If you are like me and demand good service, order from these people and you will not be let down.