Echo Spot fd18 boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Customer reviews

Impossible Cure: The Promise of Homeopathy
Format: Paperback|Change

on June 1, 2017
Excellent book that clarifies homeopathy and gives hope to everyone involved with the treatment of children on the autism spectrum.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on September 23, 2016
Highly readable and informative introduction to homeopathy. Suitable for laypeople, students and practitioners.
on January 17, 2008
I found this book very encouraging! I really like books that tell you about solutions to problems.
on January 10, 2014
We tried homeopathy for six months with a naturopathic doctor who was also a homeopath with 20 plus years experience. While we have found some benefit for colds and other ailments, autism is not one of them. You expect it to take years, but you also expect there to be little changes along the way. Wrong. Nada. Nothing. Useless.
on April 25, 2018
This woman is a charlatan and the fact she only uses personal testimony should raise an alarm to everyone !

Homéopathie is bunk science and there is no way in hell her child got it's autism cured by it !
This is bull and Amazon shouldn't allow dangerous things like this to be promoted on there site.
on April 16, 2003
This is a practical, accessible book to introduce the average person to homeopathy. It explains how, when and where homeopathy is useful and puts homeopathy in both an historical context and compares and contrasts it to conventional western medicine. With the anecdotes and stories of how people are using homeopathy to address various ailments, it is a riveting read. I read the entire book in two evenings; it was that interesting and exciting. I also read the "Science of Homeopathy" and "The Complete Book of Homeopathy" that were both difficult and tedious to get through. Skip those books and read this one.
on December 10, 2003
It might come as a surprise to you that HRH Queen Elizabeth II of the UK has used Homeopathy. That by the time the medical profession as we know it (allopathy) codified itself 100 years ago, Homeopathy had already been a thriving & successful healing system in America & Europe.
Since the 1970s Homeopathy has had a resurgence within the healing profession, primarily because people's understanding that heroic, invasive medicine is not always successful nor healing, that the cure is often as bad as the illness...& certainly very expensive.
IMPOSSIBLE CURE is much more than a memoir of a son's recovery from autism. When nothing in the normal medical world helped regain her son's wellbeing, & everyone was telling her that autism was untreatable, Amy Lansky, a graduate from the University of Rochester with degrees in mathematics & computer science, refused to believe it.
When she found a Homeopathic doctor & saw the miraculous results of her son's response, over a period of a few months, Amy Lansky decided to explore this little known healing system. IMPOSSIBLE CURE is the result of all this skilled student has learnt over the years about the history, the science & the experience of this 200+ year old healing system.
Rebeccasreads highly recommends IMPOSSIBLE CURE for anyone. You don't have to have a Ph.D. It will open a whole new path to health that is different, gentler & less expensive for what ails you -- alcoholism, allergies, Alzheimer's, anxiety, arthritis, asthma, ADD, autism, back pain, bladder infection, blood pressure, bronchitis, Carpal tunnel syndrome, depression, diabetes, drug addiction, ear infection, flu, & much, much more.
on January 5, 2004
Amy Lansky is part of a new "breed" of health practioners dedicated to helping people realize true, lasting CURE to chronic illness. She is one of many people who, in their previous professions, started to ask the hard questions of conventional medicine as to why we see so few real cures. Then, having received no satisfying answers, these scientifically-trained, business-savy people like Amy launch the search for solutions. Her search led her to the 200-year old system of medicine called homeopathy which brought about what homeopathy likes to call, "the beautiful cure" - one that is slow, but steady and has a definate end point where all is left is health.
In her landmark book (much loved within the homeopathic community), she presents the grand vision that homeopathy has always held: that true cure is possible and is routinely realized. It presents real hope to parents and patients alike who have received little hope that their illness is curable.
But, as Ms. Lansky stresses later, readers must realize these cures take some months and need to be patient and let the medicines do their wonders. But it is possible and to be expected!
There is something in her book for everyone from the scientific skeptic to the mother of three children with serious behavioral disorders. It is written with skill and precision.
2 people found this helpful
on March 24, 2004
I stumbled upon Amy Lansky's website while researching treatments for my own son's autistic symptoms. We had seen dramatic improvements in my son after beginning homeopathic treatments with a gifted, classical homeopath and I was researching to learn more. Though I had been researching since we began our journey to cure our son for a little over a year, I had not yet been able to find any concrete information regarding the practice of homeopathy - how it worked, why it worked, etc. - in straightforward, interesting, and applicable terms. Lansky's book, Impossible Cure, fills this void.

Although we had little experience with "alternative" medicine and none with homeopathy, we were willing to try anything to halt the headbanging, stimming, and unsettling behavior my then 18 month old son repeated day after day. We saw almost immediate improvement with the first dose of remedy. In the past year and a half my son has gone from a toddler who did not speak, play, or interact much to a happy, sweet, loving, typical 32 month old who by all means is normal - talks, laughs, plays, and tests out at or above his age on all developmental tests. People meeting him for the first time can not believe he was ever on the spectrum. While we have done many interventions on behalf of our son, it is clear to us through our documentation that homeopathy has had one of the most dramatic impacts.

Lansky's book played a pivotal role in my son's continuing success. Although homeopathy had dramatic results for my son very quickly, I wanted even faster results. I read the book at a time when I was losing patience and ready to give up on the homeopathy and move on to more dramatic treatments. The Impossible Cure helped me understand the history of homeopathy, how a remedy is created, why it works, and reinforced its legitimacy as a proven treatment option. Of the many medical texts, personal accounts, and research I have read in the past year, this book stands out as integral to my son's recovery.
Impossible Cure is not a "treating autism" book but rather a comprehensive yet quick-read guide to understanding the "science" of homeopathy. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for validation and explanation of this miraculous treatment option.
4 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on May 2, 2003
Amy Lansky's command of the history and practice of homeopathy is self-evident, her writing style brings the story to life, and her information is based on sound scholarship. I also liked this book because it doesn't over-promote, and it presents a strong case why one should seriously consider homeopathy as a viable medical alternative, and not only when conventional methods fail.