countdown boutiques-francophones Luxury Beauty Furniture Kindle sports Tools

on July 12, 2017
It's a great informative book. If heading to big island it's a must
on July 19, 2017
product is as described
on May 25, 2017
perfect book if heading to Big Island
on March 8, 2017
Excellent book
on July 13, 2014
Execellant guide. We used it all the time on our trip.
on July 11, 2016
I shouldn't have purchased this book. It would be great for a first time visitor to the Big Island of Hawaii but I have been there several times. I thought this book would give me some tips and insight in to roads and beaches I wasn't aware of. The description indicates that it would. I wouldn't recommend this if you know the Big Island at all. Otherwise it would prove to be a good guide. Also I found it was a bit dated. A travel guide should be updated every year as things change so rapidly. Would have returned the book but it isn't worth the cost.
on April 12, 2014
This is the book that everyone gets to go to the island. It has great reviews of places to go, hikes, etc. There are lots of snorkelling/diving companies and other activities, but they don't review many of the most used companies on trip advisor. Also, their restaurant reviews are lacking and questionable at best. Therefore, it is the book to buy, but will need to be supplemented by whatever you like to use: trip advisor/urbanspoon/yelp.
on September 27, 2013
I'd purchased the Fodor's and Frommer's guide books on Hawaii, which cover all islands. Andrew Doughty's books were recommended to me by a Hawaiian lady I rented a cottage from. I'd seen them while searching on Amazon, but I thought I could save money by buying the "all island" books instead. Mistake. These island specific books by Doughty are much better than the Fodor's and Frommer's "all island" books in my opinion (I bought Doughty's Big Island and Kauai books). Not that the Fodor's or Frommer's Hawaii books were bad, they were just not nearly as good. Doughty's recommendations helped make for an awesome family vacation on the Big Island and Kauai. His writing is readable and entertaining. We carried the books in the car wherever we went. Each book has an accompanying smart phone app (sold separately for iPhone or Android) that is a great complement to the book. It uses the phone GPS to tell you what is nearby and even shows your exact position when on a hiking trail out of cell phone coverage area! I will be buying his Maui book (and accompanying smart phone app) before I return to Hawaii to visit that island.
on November 23, 2015
We used this book extensively as we toured the big island. I bought it based on the positive reviews of others. I have to agree with them. It gave great information, useful tips and was extremely useful as we planned and adjusted our travels. We really didn't use it for food/restaurants, so I can't comment much on that content. I was really surprised how good the maps in the book were. I never had to pull out the big map I bought once.

I'll be buying others in the series when we head to other islands.
on November 27, 2014
The book in digital form is not particularly easy to use. It has good comprehensive info but if I were doing it again I would want a print version .