countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on July 6, 2016
It was a big adjustment to get onto this diet. For the first little while I was constantly asking "What can I eat now?". After about 6 weeks, however, I adapted. It's been 7 months now. I find I am now eating a lot more whole foods and a lot less processed, over-packaged foods. I feel good about that. Weight loss was initially very rapid. Almost a pound a day for the first 10 days, then I leveled off (I didn't have a whole lot I needed to lose). What shocked me the most was that the old "low fat" nutrition wisdom was clearly quite wrong. Eating fat does not make you fat. Lots of healthy but high fat foods in this diet and I'm slimmer than I was 25 years ago. Add in an age appropriate fitness program and I dare say I'm fitter than I was 25 years ago as well.

Now that I've hit my weight and fitness goals, I allow myself the occasional cheat, such as a nice bread roll in a restaurant or a piece of cake at a family dinner. I keep on track by stepping on the scale every morning and deciding if a cheat might be permissible that day or if I need to stick more carefully to the diet to stay on track. It really is a pretty easy diet to follow once you get used to it however. You can eat as much as you want of the permitted foods. No starvation diet here.

Key advice:

1. Always cook more than you need of your Primal meals so you have leftovers for lunch for a day or two following. Same goes for salads and not cooked preparations.
2. Pick up some of the Primal cookbooks (or Paleo cookbooks, which have many acceptable recipes).
on February 6, 2012
My doctor introduced me to the Paleo diet and referred me to The Wheat Belly. It was kindof dry reading at the start, so I continued my research into this lifestyle and when i came across this book on Amazon.ca, I thought 21 days? What do i have to lose? I lost 8 lbs in the first 2 weeks! Mark has great info, exercises, and the 21 day plan is very helpful.
The only thing I don't agree with this book is that you only need to exercise moderately 3-4 days a week. I need to lose approx. 80 lbs and when I slowed down on my exercise, so did the weight loss.
I refer to this book and his website often and have purchased some of the other Primal Blueprint products.
Thank you Mark!
on August 13, 2013
Very easy and interesting read. The program is easy enough to follow, very good workouts and if you purchase the quick and easy meals for the primal blueprint you would have a very easy time with weight loss. I lost 17Lbs in 3 weeks.
on December 7, 2013
This is a great book...gets you back to the basics of eating. Tells you how food and your body work. Gets you started on a new life style with food..exercise..and good health!
Well worth the read!
A few years back I read The Primal Blueprint. I loved the concept but struggled in implementing the concepts and kept trying off and on. This book put together the finishing touches. It is a synthesis of the material and what makes it amazing is that the day by day process of the challenge is easy to implement. Each day as you progress, you have tasks to perform, and you track and record food, exercise, and lifestyle changes.

Mark Sisson has over 34,000 followers on twitter and even more follow his blog Mark's Daily Apple. Many attest to the success of Primal Living. And I have been a fan of Mark's for a while, but just was not hitting the 80/20 - I was closer to 50/50. The book helped me make it more consistent.

If you have tried giving paleo or primal a try and have struggled, this book is for you. If you have been thinking about it trying it, it's an excellent tool to move from an SAD, Standard American Diet, to being a fat burning paleo machine. If you are already living the Grok lifestyle, going through the 21 days of exercises will help you take it to the next level.

The book was exactly what I needed and I am sure it will be a great resource for you in making the lifestyle changes you're looking to make.
on October 3, 2014
This concise book launched my Primal Blueprint lifestyle over a year ago and the gradual but definitive transformation of my body has made me a convert. Lots of other books on the subject and Mark has an excellent and informative website and newsletters, but his book is the perfect way to start .
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 23, 2015
I read the full Primal Blueprint first so this book was not really help for me. However, I can see how it would be a very good introduction for those wanting to try Primal/Paleo/Caveman/Keto.
on May 28, 2015
If you are looking for a step-by-step guide to start changing your eating and your lifestyle to one that is more in tune with how human developed (ie, primal), then this is the book you want.
It's very easy to read and understand. The challenge is, of course, in actually doing it!
on December 4, 2014
Was pleasantly surprised to see my friend Tara's story in this book as well as her before and after pics)...she is the one who first introduced me to the book. She lost close to 100 pounds and is now smaller than when we where in high school.
on September 9, 2014
I recommend this to anyone interested in making a healthier choice of lifestyle. Most people have no clue, unfortunately, about what is actually healthy to eat. This book is a solid education.