countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Paperback|Change

on June 10, 2016
I've read a lot of books on the subject of money and success. This was the one that actually got me motivated to rethink what I do.
My only issue is that it could have been much shorter, or at least provided shortcuts (suggestions to skip) as it's not a one size fit all book in my opinion. I skimmed through half of it.
on May 7, 2016
Easily the most honest and logical approach to gaining wealth of any book I've ever read. It fundamentally changes your views and relationship with money - a must read for anyone wanting to move up in the world.
on November 28, 2013
I found this book hard to put down. It really opened my eyes to the types of people out there in the way they deal with their money. If you are a side walker going from check to check at work and buying everything on credit, it seems natural that the way people fix that is going straight to the slowlane. Save for the next 40 years to count on compound interest and the markets reap the benefits when youre almost too old to enjoy it.

If you don't want to work 5 days a week and get "paid for your time" until you turn 60 or 65 or whatever, then you should read this book and get some perspective on what living in the fastlane entails. Unfortunately this book opened my eyes to many of the mistakes I've already made. I am human and its common what I have done with my money and my choices, but I dislike the position I'm in and know it could be so much better. My parents taught me to be common with my choices, but I strive to be uncommon now. Be a producer instead of a consumber. Sell franchises instead of buying them etc.

I took it upon myself to get more educated with finances and of the few books I've read this book is right up my alley. I've read slowlane books and didn't realize it was the slowlane until I read the millionaire fastlane. I never really liked the ideas of save save save and retire old although I came out of them thinking that was my best option. Not anymore! MJ Demarco teaches you how to think about winning ideas that are right in front of you in your everday life. But the idea is just the beginning. You need to act on your idea otherwise it's a waste of time basically. One of the parts that really hit me was his take on experience:

"Experience comes from what you do in life, not from what you do in a job. You don't need a job to get experience. Which experience is more important? The experience of a menial job designed to pay your bills or the experience (and failures) of creating something that could provide financial freedom for a lifetime without having to hold a job again?"

These are just a few of the the things I can think of off the top of my head but I really recommend this book and give it 5 stars. I plan on joining the forums for millionaire fastlane next.
on September 20, 2013
If like me you're looking for great inside of the business world, you need this book. This book changed my mind forever.

It will teach everything you need to know about business. No "follow your passion" bull*hit either.

Spot-on definition of wealth in my case, the FFF. Family/Friends (relationship), Fitness (mental & body health), Freedom.

For any friends/relatives that ask advice about starting a business I say two things : Buy this book, read it at least 2-3 times, and take action with your idea.
on May 16, 2014
Of all the get rich quick books out there, and I have read quite a few, this is the one. A no-nonsense and get real philosophy on how to get rich. This is not a cookie cutter system that does not work, but rather it is on how to change your thinking in order to amass wealth. Think of it as a Think and grow Rich but only more modern and definitely a shocking but necessary no B.S. approach.
on April 8, 2013
The book is entertaining to read and explains the ingredients necessary to have a scaling business. The book doesn’t strive to make you feel good but instead plainly states business reality.

MJ is for real and his motives are to help others succeed as he has done.

Once you complete the book you can join the fastlane forum where entrepreneurs support and guide each other.

MJ himself answers forum questions and has responded to mine as well.

You can also check out his business philosophies on YouTube. I find his videos are a great compliment to the book.

I read this book last spring and I still use the term SideWalker with my friends today and have recently created a software product based on the ideas in MJ's book.
on February 11, 2016
I have spent many years working towards financial freedom (As I'm sure many are). I'm a believer in budgets, watching what you spend, saving and such, but MJ spells it out. MJ's gives away a financial formula that will definitely put you on the course of action. Rather than working your butt off for 40 years socking away 5% trying to get ahead of the rest, MJ really opens your eyes to a better way in my opinion. I really enjoyed the book, and would recommend it to others without question. MJ has definitely lite a fire under me to shift my focus to the "Fastlane". MJ's use of more of a conversational approach makes the book a easy read.
on December 21, 2015
Hands down the best book I've read and probably the start to becoming an entrepreneur and running my fast growing business. This book led to the purchase of many other books but let's you get the basic idea of what it takes and what has to be done educating you in the thought process and how to look at things to be succesful and then what big players and you can do once you are succesful, after reading this book totally changed the way I look at things and even some of the books I've read before to see that they themselves even though helpful are creating a brand to also run a fastlane business off of their success.
on November 4, 2011
In a style entirely dissimilar to the crappy "get rich easy" book gurus, MJ Demarco exposes the fraud that is "slowlane" lifestyle and its road to "wealth" in this eloquent and straightforward classic. Regardless of whether you have entrepreneurial aspirations or not, this book is for you. As one of the most influential books I've ever read, I would (and have) recommend The Millionaire Fastlane to all my friends and family, as well as to anyone at all who wants more out of life, regardless of age, gender, race or religion. It can certainly be painfully honest at times, but it's necessary; this book will change your perspective on life. This ain't no 4 hour workweek!
on March 31, 2015
A good book for someone to start learning about the high-levels of how to think about money and personal finance, without much practical advice on HOW. Basically argues:
1- debt/consumption is not good.
2- Saving money and investing is better.
3- Starting a business is the fastest way to wealth.

There are some good ideas on the third point.