countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 12, 2007
This is an amazing book which I recommend highly to anyone wanting to have more knowledge about the Rwandan genocide and, also to anyone seeking answers to their spirituality. Immaculee writes her story without omitting the wavering questions that we all ask ourselves when faced with horror and tragedy but then she shows how you can overcome the bitterness by working at your faith in God and putting it into action. A remarkable true story which inspires our thinking and pushes us to be our better selves.
on May 12, 2016
Good story, but author repeats the same story in all her books. Expected new information. Disappointed.
However, how Immaculee managed to forgive her torturers and the murderers of her family did prove Divine Intervention.
on March 23, 2006
I can not begin to describe the content of this book and how it touched, spoke to and inspired me. A must read! I believe each reader will be personally affected. This book, and journey is really, beyond words. Well done.
on May 16, 2016
If I had to choose one of my top 5 favorite books, this would be one of them. Filled with gripping suspense, this is an incredibly inspiring book that will leave you with an abiding sense of hope that you can get through hard things . . . really hard things. When people ask me for a book recommendation, this is the book I tell them about.
on April 14, 2012
Some books I can pick up and read a little at a time, when the mood strikes. Others I feel compelled to read without interruption. Left to Tell by Immaculee Iliabagiza falls into the latter category. This book tells the true story of a young Rwandan university student who survived the Rwandan Holocaust of 1994. The story is unimaginable and brutal, yet what stands out to me is her total reliance and faith in God. Here is a woman who has experienced God to be her comfort and strength in situations I could truly not imagine being in. She has seen God work miracles. He has given her peace that passes understanding. And she has learned and shared the power of forgiveness.

Her story reminds me of God's Smuggler, Brother Andrew in the 1960's, smuggling Bibles in the back of his car, crossing borders into Communist Russia and God causing the eyes of the border guards to be blinded to it.

This is a book which saddened, educated, and inspired me. This is a book everyone should read.
on January 12, 2008
Inspirational!

Immaculee's words come alive and touch the heart.To live through the hell she suffered, and come out alive is incredible. To continue believing in life, love and God, is simply miraculous.

I bought a copy for me, then ordered four copies to share with my closest friends.
on August 24, 2010
i think everyone should read this book, it made me think about how what we have is paradise and that there are people much worse than us, God bless you and you have given me a new look at how to pray and ask God for help and he will help us. Thank you, thank you,and once again thank you
on April 26, 2015
this story was an amazing act of faith in God and His providence during very difficult times the importance of forgiveness rang through and was a great example for me. It reinforced for me also the importance of letting go after i forgive and to move on trusting in God's graces and providence for my life. It is a testimony that after very horrible life's circumstances I can live again in joy and peace in the arms of God who really cares and has my best interests at heart. The lesson of obedience hit home with me through out the book as well, something I am not always faithful to do.. I am recommending this book to my friends. I was reminded also of the story the Diary of Ann Frank also Corrie Ten Booms testimony.
on June 29, 2013
What a story. I read this on Kindle and enjoyed it so much that I purchased the book for my sister. This woman, Immaculee Ilibagiza is such a strong woman with such a lovely spirit and her faith carried her through this holocaust.
on May 10, 2012
I have never had such an experience reading a book before.
I kept thinking it was a fictional novel because of the intense emotions it brought out in me. I read it in 6 hours. I was sad that such a page-turner was a true story.

This book is about GOD. Immaculee illustrate that with god, all things are possible....
We must believe it, and feel it in our being. She mastered this while being stuck in a bathroom for 3 months BEING HUNTED. She faces death, evil, but also experiences warmth and love..mainly through god.

Despite what your RELIGIOUS beliefs are, if you are interested, above all else, to being closer to GOD, this book is for you.