countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty Furniture Kindle sports Tools

on December 19, 2002
I lost my father to a sudden heart attack. It is difficult to deal with any sudden loss and this book is helpful to understanding grief and loss. Since we all experience different situations and losses how we interpret the book and what helps us might vary. I would say this is a good book for anyone who lost a loved one to sudden death. For some reason it is helpful to read stories from someone who has gone through a similar pain.
I would also recommend Healing Stories of Grief and Faith, From Denial and Despair to Comfort and Peace.
on April 18, 2000
I've seen many books that deal with grief, but none that do it so comprehensively and accessibly! The authors write with that rare combination of personal passion and professional detachment which allows the grieving to find a pathway to health, in their own way, in their own time. I recommend this wonderful resource for those that have lost a loved one through death or divorce, and to the professionals who endeavor to help them.
Mary Kalifon Author of "My Dad Lost His Job"
on March 14, 2000
A close friend had an unexpected death in her family. Ms Noel and Dr Blair's book has given my insight on how to best help her and her family. It is a godsend and anyone who has close friends or family should read this book. The healing process will be much faster for my friend and I now possess the knowledge I need to deal with a sudden loss. It was an excellent read for a topic that is so difficult to talk about and that not alot of imformation is available.
on March 12, 2000
There aren't many "firsts" these days. Most books being published are like so many others. This book, "I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye" is a first and it is valuable beyond my ability to describe it. Suffice it to say that it is truly excellent. It understands. It supports. It comforts. It shed lights. It holds your hand. It is there for you, in a time of unbearable anguish and need, like no other book every written on the subject.
on August 28, 2000
After expereinece much loss in my life (some sudden, other's not) I was touched to find a book that could help me in so many ways. I agree with the other reviewers that the book truly does offer a hand to hold. It's coverage is broad and thorough. I thought it was put together very well and easy to find what you need, when you needed it. I would without a doubt, highly recommend this book to anyone suffering from the loss of a loved one.
on June 23, 2001
I have read every book on grief and have never found one that is so absolutely consoling, understanding, compassionate and absorbing. I just learned that one of the authors, Brook Noel, was chosen to serve on the NADA's (National Air Disaster Alliance) Family Support Team. I can see why from her writing. I really felt like I had a hand to hold, support near me--and most of all--hope, where before there was none.
on June 6, 2003
Personally I didn't find this book helpfull. I think it would be a great book for people who know someone experiencing the loss of a love one, to read. However the book didn't help me at all in terms of grief. While it does tell you about the stages you may go through and what you may experience, it doesn't focus enough on personal growth ( which i believe is exteremly important after an experience like this).
on March 13, 2004
I purchased this book at the recomendation of my therapist, along with the companion workbook. She told me that it was like having a "mini support group" that I could access whenever I need it. She was right. Thank you Pam and Brook for caring enough to take your own difficult tragedies and find a way to help others. I have grown so much as a result of working through this book. You two are wonderful.
on November 15, 2001
I wasn't ready to say goodbye is a perfect title.
My loved one died of a sudden heart attack. The memories haunt me still today. I loved him dearly and miss him more each day.
I also bought Write from Your Heart, A Healing Grief Journal to write down my feeling and to create a personal memory journal.
I bought After the Tears, A Gentle Guide to Help Children Understand Death (video) for my children.
The authors have done an excellent job of covering a topic that has not received the attention it deserves. As a grief counselor I frequently interact with mourners who are struggling to adjust to the sudden death of a loved one. I use this book in my sessions and many of my clients read it as part of their grief work. The book is written in plain language and comes across as conversational.