countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on July 28, 2016
Smooth Talking Stranger by Lisa Kleypas (Audio Edition)
Narrated by Emily Durante
The Travises #3

Jack Travis.. gotta love him! He's a sweet guy who's just waiting for the right girl to start a family with and the minute Ella walks into his life you can tell he's found her! While he's a man who believes in equality, he also believe's that there are just some things men should do. He's was always on her side, always there for her to lean on when she needed and I truly loved that about him.

Ella is a caring woman, who at times jumps to conclusions without thinking there could possibly be any other explanation. Which made me shake my head, but in the end she's dependable and level headed enough to know when she needs to rethink her views.

The attraction between these two was felt right from the start and I enjoyed watching it bloom. I think this was my favourite book in the series. Though I really did love Gage too. Tough call! These Travis men make it hard to decide. The ending of this book was perfect. There is one more book in this series.. Joe's story. I will read that when I get my hands on it.

Emily Durante did a great job with the narration. I thought her male voices were well done and she had a nice southern accent. I would listen to her again.

Original review posted at: [...]
on March 30, 2010
This is the third in the Travis series and is probably my favorite (although whatever one I'm reading is usually my fav). I fell in love with Jack Travis instantly with his charm and good looks but he's also so secure with himself that he expresses emotion and shares his feelings easily...definitely a breath of fresh air for typical heroes. When I finished this book I was actually sad that it was over. This will be a re-read for sure.
on March 17, 2010
Lisa Kleypas keeps getting better and better. This book is both enjoyable and well written. STS is another stunning book filled with realistic characters and a page turning plot. No one writes contemporary romantic heroes like Lisa Kleypas.
on July 27, 2011
I like Lisa Kleypas and have read several of her books. She writes romances and does it very well. Smooth Talking Stranger is the third in this series. After I finished this book I downloaded the first two to my Kindle. Enjoyed them as much and then reread this again now that I had met the other characters in the Travis family. I liked it as much the second time. Nothing heavy, but written with wit and warmth. The inevitable romantic end (never in doubt in a romance novel) was satisfying,the hero was hot and fun to know, and the heroine was worthy of the story. I appreciate the little touches such as an old boyfriend who is neither a jerk nor a trooper, a mother who is a poisonous narcissist and never improves and a sister who is wounded at the start of the book and fragile at the end. This is a modern Cinderella story and there is a reason we never get tired of that classic. When presented convincingly, we all want to believe in the truth of Cinderella.
on February 14, 2012
I enjoyed this book so much! The characters were so well written, I just couldnt help but fall in love with them! I had never read a Lisa Kleypas book before and I will certainly explore the author more after this. I was sad to learn at the end of the book that this was a third in a series, so I will be going back to read the others as well. The book is an easy, relaxing read - keeps you interested from start to finish, with a few steamy bits to keep you on your toes as well. Well done Lisa Kleypas - two thumbs up!
on August 30, 2010
I loved this book from start to finish. I will re-read it again and again. The whole entire Travis Family series is amazing.
on May 1, 2010
I absolutely loved this book!! I could read it over and over and cant wait to see if there is going to be a 4th book in this series!! Keep them coming :)