countdown boutiques-francophones SubscribeAndSave home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Format: Hardcover|Change

on August 2, 2011
I bought this book for my 5-year old, and though he can't read yet, he loves it! Gorgeous photos, very child-friendly text (for example, comparing amount eaten by a wolf in one meal with number of burgers, or comparing whale's baleen with spaghetti sieve - we had some laughs over the descriptions). The book is slightly shifted towards animals' young - not just habitats but how they breed and how long they keep the babies with the pack etc. And did I mention gorgeous photos?
on January 29, 2015
A great book a must have for children Fantastic photos of course and easy to understand for the little kids.Also bought the Readers edition of National Geographic.Monkeys Dolphins etc One feature that is good is the reading level is indicated and again beautiful.Proud to introduce these to the little kids in my life.More on the way elephants .
on January 13, 2012
This book is colourful, engaging, comprehensive, and well made. I teach grade 2 and they absolutely loved it. They have been begging me each day to read from it. This book is very informative but still accessible for young kids. I can't wait to read this to my own children one day.
on November 22, 2014
This is a beautiful hard cover book! The photographs are bright and detailed. The table of contents is effective and it can be read in chunks or cover to cover. It's written at about a grade 2 reading level, but would appeal of older children as well.
on December 3, 2010
My kids like this book, the animals are well depicted and it has good information.
I would suggest to buy this for slightly bigger kids since toddlers can and will rip pages just by turning them.
on March 30, 2015
As always with the NatGeo kids books, its engaging, great photos, my son loves these books. I can't recommend them enough, they have brought hours and hours of educational enjoyment to our house. I've learned so much reading them to him as well.
on May 8, 2014
My 16 month old loves this book. Wonderful pictures. This book is getting a lot of use. My only complaint is it isn't a board book. She is a little young for paper books so a few of the pages have been torn or ripped out.
on September 9, 2015
My daughter loves these National Geographic books for kids. Very informative.
on December 5, 2014
Excellent childrens book-will make a beautiful gift for my granddaughter. She can have it read to her or absorb it all herself.
Very fast delivery am really happy with the purchase.
on January 5, 2017
My daughter is in love with this book. It has more animals than I expected. We love learning about animals so I wish the descriptions were a bit more detailed. Other than that it's great!