Echo Spot fd18 boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store fd18 Tools

on December 11, 2017
Ed asks the questions so many in this generation struugle with. His tenacity and integrity to persevere is remarkable and matched by the love and honesty of his son. This book gave me a framework to reflect on my own questions and build my own ways of answering such questions from others. And it urged the question with which it began... have I let those I love ask the questions they come with?
on November 27, 2017
Fantastic book with honest dialogue between a son and father. Filled with authentic and frankly honest questions about the church, God, humanity and the meaning of life. Includes questions at the back for small group study.
on February 10, 2013
The title caught my eye since I thought at first it was letters "to" a skeptic. Reading the back, I saw that it was a father, who was the skeptic, writing to his son - the believer. This book might be a help to someone who, like the father in the book, just doesn't see how Christianity makes sense. Dr. Boyd answers all the objections in an easy to understand way. The objections are direct and pointed to some hard issues that skeptics might think Christians can't answer such as "why did God create Satan if He knew how he would turn out."
The believer might find it interesting because he offers some theological perspectives that can make you think such as "open theism" (God not knowing your actions before you make them). As well it gives the believer help in discussing his or her faith in a reasonable and winsome way. I believe that many Christians could easily recommend this book.
2 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on May 9, 2017
Love the book. Easy and interesting to read. Thought provoking too. Dont know how 'true' it is - but I'm sure it was heavily edited which is fine.
on June 20, 2017
Excellent insight and perspective to help address tough questions on Christianity.Heavy philosophy in some areas. Worthwhile read for those interested.
on April 18, 2017
I wish I could have all this information at the ready and talk to my 30 something boys. I wished I could have found Christ while they were growing up. Yet it's never too late, is it?
on April 20, 2017
Compelling answers to challenging questions. Can think of many misguided souls who could be helped from reading this. An engaging easy read
on October 26, 2015
This book isn't going to answer a ton of theological and philosophical objections to believing in Jesus, but it's a good ice-breaker.
on October 17, 2012
This is the only book I have been reordering again and again. I use it as a gift for people who are estranged from the church, hoping and praying that this might help them to find their way back. 'Letters from a Skeptic' also lends itself well as material for a Bible study group.
2 people found this helpful
on July 11, 2015
This is a book that I have read and re-read many times. Thought provoking and easy to understand.