countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty Home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports tools

on December 29, 2007
I am so glad there's now a cookbook for anyone who wants to eat "clean". After I read Tosca Reno's first book I felt like clean-eating made so much sense, but I was a little panicked, thinking, "Ok, but what CAN I eat??". I've tried lots of recipes in this book, and they have all been good and the plan is simple:

Eat 5-6 small meals daily, every 2-3 hours.
Combine lean protein and complex carbs in each meal.
Drink a minimum of 2 liters/8cups of water daily.
Don't skip meals, especially breakfast.
Carry a cooler loaded with Clean-Eating foods for the day.
Avoid all over-processed, refined foods (white sugar, white flour), all trans and saturated fats,
alcohol, calorie-dense foods with no nutritional value, sodas, colas, and juices.
Eat fresh fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats.
Eat proper sized portions.

I hope she writes another book with another batch of them! My wife and I have been eating clean for almost a month now, and we feel so much better, our clothes fit better, and we've each dropped a few pounds. Eating this way is very time-consuming, but so worth the effort!

Help raise awareness; support cancer research!
on January 3, 2011
I subscribe to Clean Eating magazine and thought this would be similar TASTY nutritional recipes. OOPS! Not even close. Most recipes give you a reason to fall off of the healthy eating wagon! some good information on benefits of different foods. No pics. Did find the Clean Eating Magazine Recipe book tho. I would highly recommend that.The Best of Clean Eating: Over 200 Mouthwatering Recipes to Keep You Lean and Healthy
on March 16, 2012
I loved this book! Besides some great info the recipes are delicious! Even my husband agrees clean eating is the way to go! Thanks for making this easy to follow great tasting cookbook! Gotta buy the rest now ;)
on March 22, 2011
First of all, I have all the eat clean books and love them, but this one is the one I get the most use out of. I don't have kids, but I do have a picky man that doesn't want to eat healthy food with flax or soy etc. in it. With this book I can make him food he loves that still have the healthy attributes that I am looking for! The chicken nuggets, sloppy joes, and banana bread are so good!
on December 5, 2008
If there were a million stars I'd give them to Tosca for this book! I am a regular Oxygen reader, and I had been waiting for this book for a while before it finally came out. I have purchased every one of her books since.
Many of the posters before have mentioned that her principles are all "common sense," and they fully are. The issue is that many overweight people do not know how to eat to start burning fat and feeling healthy. Nutrition is a science, and it is certainly illusory to many, many people. If you feel overwhelmed, don't know where or start, or just want some delicious recipes to tweak your already amazing physique...BUY THIS BOOK!
on August 6, 2009
a great book for anyone wanting to eat and live healthier. many recipes are easy to make and tasty too! there's only a few recipes in here that i won't be trying. a good buy!
on May 16, 2014
Several items aren't available anywhere except a health food store and I
find some recipes boring. I'll just stick to foods I am familiar with thanks!
on April 1, 2013
Je ne jure que par elle, depuis que j'ai reçu ce livre !
Un livre de recettes comme je les aime !
Des recettes faciles, avec de belles photos, la valeur nutritive, une foule d'infos sur l'alimentation. Wow !
on May 29, 2010
This book helped me lose the last 10lbs after baby number 2. I was working our an hour 5-6days a week and ate "well" but not clean...and what a HUGE difference. I am a personal trainer and i have reccomended this book to all of my clients. instead of chicken and salad, she has filled the pages with amazing recipies that even my picky husbad loves. Thanks so much for this book Tosca!
on September 8, 2011
I enjoyed book number 1 but in moving it was destroyed.I assumed I'd like book 2 but I don't.There are way to many "different" products necessary to making the meals. I would have to specifically decide on a recipe then go out and buy a lot of the ingredients I sure wouldn't have in my kitchen, many of which are probably as well not available in my small town.