countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 30, 2016
I have always had a book on the Birds in Eastern Ontario, and decided that I wanted to have a book to check on birds that I was not familiar with. I travel around North America and see birds I am not familiar with. This book is Fantastic. I have found birds I have seen on vacations and read up on them now. Birds can fly anywhere. They are not set to different areas. Now I can look them up. Thank you.
on May 24, 2010
AS the husband of an avid birder, I prefer this to many of her more esoteric tomes. The photos are great and better than the typical painting/drawings in most texts. I also appreciate the North American inset that demonstrates the distribution.
on June 13, 2016
We have a backyard bird feeder and live in Quebec so we really enjoyed that this book caters to the birds we would find in our region. Often times we would look birds up and learn about their migration or habits. Beautiful pictures as well! Great for amateur bird watchers.
on July 7, 2014
I'm still making my way through this book and am enjoying it immensely. Previously, I had been getting my information from various Internet sites, but I've wasted lots of time that way, trying to find "matches" to birds I've seen in my area. This book is targeted to Canada and shows birds by province, so I find it very efficient. For me, a beginner bird watcher, the book is exactly what I was looking for...lovely illustrations and pictures, good information. Finally, I've been able to identify a mysterious (to me) bird that landed on my feeder this spring -- a beautiful female grosbeak!
on December 27, 2010
I have purchased this book for my grand-daughter. While too large for a field guide, the images and information is excellent and a good tool for either teaching young birders or identifying your own back yard birds.
on December 14, 2014
Beautiful photos of all the birds described in the book. Also included are photos of 'similar species'. This helps to differentiate birds that look alike from a distance. Very informative.
on December 11, 2013
Has beautiful images and complete with each bird's nesting area and feeding habits.
Everything is well classified. Quite happy with this purchase.
on May 25, 2011
I really love this book. It has expanded my knowledge and love of our backyard birds. It's really well laid out and the information, drawings, photos and related species on each page is very helpful. One of the best books I've every purchased and a bargain at twice the price.
on October 17, 2013
As a carver, I look for accurate detail in photos as well as description. This book meets both requirements. I would not hesitate in recommending it.
on August 16, 2015
Excellent photos and (relatively fewer) illustrations. Clearly written descriptions, great graphics. Everything you'd expect from DK. That said, I personally prefer paintings to photographs, since artists can highlight identifying aspects more clearly with a generic illustration. National Geographic's Complete Birds of North America has the slight edge for this reason.