countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty Furniture Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Format: Paperback|Change

on November 29, 2016
The message in this story is for us all. So well written and moving. History must never repeat itself. This should be compulsory reading in every school. Take the time to read this story and learn our terrible history.
on May 19, 2017
Indian Horse is a book every Canadian should read if we are to understand better the First People of Canada - our Indigenous Canadians. The story of Saul Indian Horse allows us to feel the injustice and cruelty of the Residential School system in a personal way; the prejudice of a white society against an indigenous individual. Although it aroused within me anger against the ungodliness of the Church and the foolishness of the State, it gave me a better understanding and deeper compassion for my Aboriginal neighbour. To look forward rather than back, to a Canada - hopefully - that lives in right relationship with its Indigenous People.
on April 9, 2017
We among the naïve, born white and privileged, though we never understood until much later that our lot in life and ease of existence resulted from little over which we had any control, are taught by books such as this one that we have an added responsibility to honour, support and celebrate, in ways big and small, those whose lives have been made difficult and despairing because of violence in word and action manifest through ignorance and fear of difference and even uniqueness.
on January 12, 2017
The book was well written and the story was very compelling and visual. I learned a great deal. It opened my eyes to the tragedy of residential schools in a way that news reports or other media stories did not. I found he end of the book sentimental which is why it received 4 stars rather than 5. Overall a good read and I would recommend if.
on March 23, 2017
I really enjoyed the story by the late Richard Wagamese. It was well told about the life of an indigenous boy who suffered in Canada the terrible experiences of residential schools and the embarrassing discrimination we as non-indigenous people projected on our aboriginal people.
on January 6, 2017
This should be read by anyone interested in becoming a citizen of the world.
on May 22, 2017
This story is exhilarating and wonderful and awful and horrifying. Your heart bleeds for all the sadness within it. Must read.
on December 17, 2016
Excellent book. Very enlightening. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to know how badly the Native People were treated.
on March 14, 2017
Recommended by a dear friend since the author recently passed. So grateful she did. This was a humbling & a reverend read. A journey that became a real eye-opener.
on May 14, 2017
Highly recommend Indian Horse! But be prepared to search your heart and soul about the injustices done to indigenous peoples in Canada and world-wide.