countdown boutiques-francophones Luxury Beauty home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Format: Board book|Change

on May 2, 2017
Didn't realize the book would be 2.5" x 2.5"....
on March 10, 2017
The book was like wallet sized...wasn't really happy with the purchase, was my fault for not reading description properly....
on October 20, 2016
"Mini book" would be a better descriptor than "paperback." This fact should have been made more obvious; the only hint that it's a mini is when you enlarge the one picture and look at the size in relation to the hand. This totally escaped my notice before I purchased. Had I noticed, I would not have purchased a mini book. Yes, it was only one cent to purchase but shipping was $6.50, not worth it for a mini book! This book could have easily been packaged with some others I ordered from the same seller to save on the shipping cost.

I am very happy with the seller otherwise, and I have ordered multiple times. The shipping is always fast and the items so far have been in perfect condition. I will probably purchase a larger version of this book since I enjoy the story just as much as my kindergarteners. However, due to the teeny, tiny size of this particular version of the book, it is not going to work for a read-aloud.
on December 6, 1998
This was one of my favourites as a child, and now that I've reached the ripe old age of 19, I still read it now and then. This book is brilliantly written from a kid's point of view (i.e. "juice tastes better in the red cup"), so all kids will enjoy it. I thought it was a nice touch that Kelly's mom lost patience about having everything red. That is SO true!
And just for the record, my red sweater keeps me warmer, my red mitts make better snowballs, my red shoes make my feet dance, my red socks make my toes wiggle.....
on November 13, 1998
This is a "feel good" book! I first bought this for my niece, and I loved it so much, I had to get one myself! I think Stinson really hits on the way a child's imagination works. The little girl, Kelly, can do anything when she is wearing her favorite color red. It makes me want to go buy everything red!
on August 18, 2011
I was happy with how quickly this arrived but did not know this was going to be a mini book. It should be made more obvious that this is a mini book to the buyer.
on February 8, 2012
I was very happy with how quickly the book arrived. This was one of my childhood favourites, but my excitement was severely dulled by the fact that this book is a ninth the size of the original! How can I enjoy and be immersed in the book when I can hardly see the detail? Very disappointed. Now I'm reluctant to re-buy this in the larger size because this book feels like a waste.
on January 24, 2009
This was one of my favourite books growing up and I have been looking for it forever. I must have checked this book out at least a hundred times from my public school library as a child. The story is simple, but fun and explains that connection that children get to toys, or books, or clothes, simply because to them they are "the best."
on October 20, 2011
I love this book so much. I bought it because Kathy Stinson is coming to do a workshop at my school... Was definitely NOT happy when I opened the parcel to find that this book is MINI. There's not even enough room for her to sign it! Will not be buying books from Amazon again as it never stated that it was, in fact, MINI.
on March 20, 2009
I was expecting maybe a 10" x 9" book or something like that... no, it turns out it's about 4" x 3"! I should have realized that with a $1.25 book, so I guess it's my own stpuidity! Good book otherwise except it gets demolished by your child in about 2 minutes!