Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM home Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on June 24, 2017
Encourages anyone, no matter your background or upbringing can succeed in life and business with hard work and perseverance. Thanks Robert for sharing your story.
on January 6, 2017
Great product!
on September 29, 2014
Excellent!
on November 12, 2014
Very good!
on February 16, 2012
I admire the author's way of doing business and his accomplishments but would have appreciated more examples of his life/business experiences than the constant referrals to Dragon's Den. There are better business books out there but the price is right.
on November 26, 2012
Good read but nothing startling in there. He says several times that you need to be born with the drive to succeed - you can't develop it. I totally disagree, or at least think that people slip into not being motivated but this doesn't mean they don't have it. He also thinks you need to get by on 4-5 hours sleep a night which is ok if you can but almost everybody can't!!
on May 21, 2013
I read the book and it didn't have anything in there that was "Ground Breaking" I like Robert on Shark Tank and Dragons Den and I hope I get a chance to see more of him in previous episodes.
on November 3, 2015
Bad
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 29, 2012
I was pretty open at the start of the book, but as I read on, it felt very boastful, self-applauding, and vainglorious. He did great by selling his company, and I feel positive encouragment, however he is not as unique as he proclaims. For every successful Robert Herjavec, there are likely 10,000 people who had the same drive, cunning, and smarts. He was in the right place, right time, that's it. Bad read
on December 22, 2015
I'm a huge fan of both Dragon's Den and Shark Tank and on TV Robert is one of my favourites. But this book is AWEFUL! It's a classic narcissistic puff piece that keeps hammering home this general point:

"I've achieved a lot of success because I'm obsessive, other people (like you) might be content with having less but I'm not and that's why I'm better than you".

He comes off sounding like such a self-rightous douchebag.

You would think that his immigrant background and coming to Canada with $20 would make him more humble and grateful and honestly want to help others succeed. Turns out, inside he's the classic insecure narcissistic millionaire that will likely be sad, lonely and full of regret in his old age.

Too bad.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure comes off this way in the book which is not very well written at all. You would think that if someone is going to yammer on about giving the customers quality for 200 pages that they would have higher standards for what they write. If he wasn't a TV star nobody would care about this book.