Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM home Kindle sports Tools

Customer reviews

Arranged
Format: Paperback|Change

on September 19, 2013
Anne Blythe has been looking for love in all the wrong places. While her best friend is getting engaged, Ann ends up dumped by her latest good looking guy. She finds a business card that specializes in arranged marriages. She takes a gigantic leap and becomes a client.

She is quickly matched with a guy, Jack. Their marriage is to be based on friendship and compatibility.

Of course, it doesn't all go smoothly and Ann is once again faced with a betrayal. Will she ever find love?

I liked this book and the premise of it but I found myself a little bored with it at times. I didn't love the characters which didn't help.

I started this book after just finishing Catherine McKenzie's other book, Hidden, which was a much more enjoyable read for me.
on December 19, 2013
I thought this book had an interesting premise, which is why I decided to buy it. But, unfortunately, I ended up not liking it much. I'm sure others would like it better than I would. It's sweet, a fairly light read, and it tells an interesting story about an arranged marriage. To be honest, I think the reason I didn't like this much is one of the characters. (I don't want to name the character here, just because I don't want to influence how anyone feels about the character before they read the book and form their own opinion on it.) And, because I didn't like that character, I didn't like how the book ended up working out.

So, all in all, this is a book I would recommend to others if I think they might like that particular character more, but it's not a book that I'm likely to read again.
on December 5, 2017
It's kind of your basic chick-lit, but it was fun! A newish premise.
on August 15, 2016
Excellent read. Loved it!
on October 3, 2013
I thought this book was just "okay" - not her best. The idea of arranged marriages - no matter how they are arranged, doesn't sit well with me.
on July 11, 2012
Fun and easy read. I had it polished off withen a few hours. The book is fairly predictable, with one twist I never saw coming. If you like to read books with a happy ending all wrapped up in a bow, this is the book for you.
on March 15, 2013
i received the book earlier then expected and the condition of the book was excellent. i haven't read it yet but i look forward to reading it soon
on May 23, 2013
This is a light, sweet story - great beach/summer book. Life is crazy, this is a fine escape. I read it in 2 days.
on April 6, 2012
I never believed in the story. I was expecting a lot more, I thought the story might have been refreshing as it was new. But, I did not like this book very much, I read it in Cancun hoping it would be a great beach read. I was wrong. Couldn't wait to get to my next book. Characters are not developed and you don't believe in them.
on January 18, 2013
I enjoyed the book.It's plot was unusual but the writing didn't grip me like I thought it would.I could put it down easily I didn't have the feeling I wanted to finish it right then.