Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Customer reviews

The Book of Stones: Who They Are and What They Teach
Format: Paperback|Change

on June 16, 2016
I did a lot of research before choosing my first crystal book, and this one came very highly recommended. There are many many things I like about this book, including technical information about the stone/crystal characteristics (Mohs hardness scale, etc.); complementary meanings by both Robert Simmons and Naisha Ahsian; Naisha's affirmations for each stone; the stone properties reference index at the back of the book (no corresponding page references unfortunately, but the table of contents at the front of the book acts somewhat as an index); power stone combinations; meditating with crystals and stones; and of course, the excellent photos. *** The Internet and "experts" at your local metaphysical store are a good place to get started working with healing crystals, but at some point you will need to supplement your resources with some solid reference books. I've barely had this book for a week, and already it has proven to be invaluable in working with [and adding to] my crystal gem collection!!
on August 30, 2017
A Reiki Practitioner told me what stones to purchase and that I must get this book, so I did. I consult this book all the time! Very thorough explanations on each stone by both authors. The only draw back is that it doesn't include every stone but it sure includes 99% of them! It probably is the only stone reference book you'll ever need.
on September 23, 2017
This a fabulous reference for semi-precious stones and crystals. A friend had it and I knew it was the perfect one for me. It has a wide selection of stones - giving a description of each and the practical use of the stone based on two separate perspectives. I recommend it for amateurs and grizzled veterans alike.
on July 27, 2017
This book is always one of my go-to books when I'm looking for properties on a certain stone. Every stone description is very detailed and I love that this book has a lot of stones in it that a lot of other books don't have in them.
on February 20, 2018
Very impressed with this book! Wonderful information on stone make up, history and areas found. Enjoyed reading both Robert and Naisha's perspectives. Love the index's at back to search by various methods. Would have liked more photos of stones in bead form to help me identify stones that I have but are unsure what they are. But love the book overall!!
on August 21, 2017
Absolutely fantastic book! Hugely comprehensive and simple at the same time. I would recommend this to anyone who has an interest in stones.
on December 11, 2016
I am a newbie to the world of spiritual stones so I find this book very informative in guiding me through explanation of each stone and crystal as to how they are used for and what they represent. Great illustrations on each.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon May 3, 2016
Love this book! It is detailed and informative and covers so many gems/crystals. I use this as my bible when making my jewelry pieces.
A must have for gem enthusiasts!
on December 27, 2012
This book is well laid out, clear & concise with excellent photographs of each crystal, mineral & gemstone. There are two descriptions for each stone covered - one that Robert shares & one from Naisha. I find this valuable as it reminds me that there is often more than one truth when working with healing energies & to trust my own intuition when working with crystals.
This book provides historical information, scientific properties, chakra correspondence, elemental energy and information regarding how the energy of each particular crystal affects our various energy bodies (emotional, spiritual, physical) They also include an appropriate affirmation for each crystal covered in the book.
Everything you want to know about healing crystals in one spot ~ excellent!
on October 2, 2017
great book a must have for crystal lover
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse