countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty Pets Kindle sports Tools

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 13, 2013
I had just finished reading "The Dirt" and wanted to read more books on the same topic - life behind the scenes with rock stars.
I found this book difficult to get through because it was like reading a dippy 12 year old girls diary, who had managed to "Forrest gumped" her way into meeting and being with some really amazing rock stars.
I realize at the beginning of the book she is quote young, but she never seems to mature throughout the book.
It is pretty bad that Motley Crue, with all they have put themselves through, wrote a better book then this
on January 21, 2009
Let me just say that while the life of a rock-n-roll groupie isn't one I've ever aspired to, there is something about it that is so tantalzing that I had to read this book. And, boy, what a book it is! I'm With the Band is about being part of the band without playing an instrument or singing. It's about hanging out and waiting durning sound checks and it's about the all the other groupies who are dying to take your place. It's an eye-opening read, though one well worth it. Another good one: Take Your Shirt Off: A Novel of Hollywood.
on September 4, 2016
The only thing that ran through my mind is how did a nobody from Reseda, California become a big famous person? There was nothing special about her, and a lot of young women in there teens want to be love, but they don't give someone a BJ and then brag about it. Honestly, is having sex and giving rock stars hummers something to be proud enough. Another thing I didn't like--is she seems to think she's this all important person that demands respect. For what? You don't blow the guy in the band, you START a band! I get the feeling she likes the spotlight with her conquests just a little bit too much....interesting read, but I have to agree with an earlier reviewer who couldn't have put it anymore perfectly, to paraphrase, "she seems to have Forrest Gumped her way to the top." Not classy.
on May 6, 2016
I wanted to read this book because I'm a huge fan of Robert Plant. I thought the book was good. I actually thought it seemed a bit misleading when I read the endorsement on the back by Robert Plant. The book doesn't detail anything that may or may not have occurred between Ms. Des Barres and Mr. Plant. I know he was married at the time so I guess he might not have been as bad as he was sometimes portrayed. I also felt sorry for Ms. Des Barres at times. She seemed like such a sweet girl who just wanted someone to love her. I wish she had been treated with the respect she deserved. I know a lot of people would say she chose that lifestyle, but remember she was very young and with that comes foolishness and naivety. She seems like a nice lady and I wish her all the best.
on September 30, 2016
I really enjoyed her book mostly for the parts about Led Zeppelin who I love.It gave insight into the 70s rock world and I enjoyed reading about them and their moments when they aren't rock stars.I feel bad for her at times because she seems like a genuinely nice person and she always gets ditched by men.Rejection is hard.Any who, I think it's good she makes some money off of some rich ass rock stars whom I'm sure she made feel good at some point(s).
on January 20, 2016
could not have been more of a boring read....from cover to cover
the most interesting part of the book, was the index at the back..
on June 11, 2014
Ms. Des Barres has clearly had an interesting life, and it was interesting to hear about the musicians she was with and the atmosphere she lived in, but I felt like there was never a point that either went into extended detail so that you felt you were at the party, or a deep personal reflection. It felt quite surface, but I applaud her attempt at writing about positive female sexuality.
on May 10, 2013
Poor Pamela - an ordinary girl with a rather extraordinary past. Very interesting and sometimes shocking. I enjoyed every word.
on April 9, 2016
Great read and really interesting to hear stories of a time when freedom seemed a little different.
on December 29, 2015
Amazing story and what a wonderful experience!