countdown boutiques-francophones Eco Friendly Cleaning and Care Furniture Kindle sports Tools

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 7, 2017
The basic and advance informations for quality work in carpentry and woodworking!
on December 1, 2016
Good read . First book read in this format. Going to see if there are any other books like this one
on July 11, 2004
If you're planning on building any of the hard parts of a house like footings, foundation, floors, walls, ceilings, roofs, stairs, masonry or shingles, you will want this book so you can figure out how to make them plumb, square, level, and evenly distributed. (I think that covers most of the carpentry sections)
He shows a few options for arriving at each layout, typically mathematically, from charts, and from pictures, so if you have trouble with one of them you can try another.
Octagons aren't very popular in my neighborhood, but if those (or other polygons) appear in yours, you'll find he has good information on them too.
I'd recommend a read through the book for suggestions when you first get it, (I did that in a long evening) and if you're a really good student you can follow along with all the examples. (I wasn't). But keep it by your side and read the chapter you need as you build. It will pay for itself in saved time and straigher work on the first job.
on July 10, 2017
These amazed me & SO perfect for my projects!!! Thanks This little device has exceeded my expectations. quality construction, sturdier than i was expecting They worked and are beautiful!!! pleasantly surprised Its price is pretty reasonable among the store I have viewed.
on April 18, 2001
I am a project manager for a commercial / industrial contractor. So many times I am changing gears, direction . . . in coordinating the project. Calls from other contractors and or the field keeps you busy and frequently having more to do immediately than you feel you can do in days. But this book is useful. While much of it relates to residential construction, simple layouts and thought processes do not change. While so many times I am challenged with laser layouts and trades that swear their layout is on the money, a few time proven methods and understanding can prove the " sure money " wrong. This book is well organized, clearly written and the compilation of formulas and calculations is helpful. This book will prove to be very useful for a do it yourselfer or anyone working within the trades or offices alike. I certainly recommend this book.
on June 22, 1999
This book shows great insight as to the information the master and novice need before beginning any project.And he not only made it usable but easy to understand.The shop teacher at the high school where I work plans to order several for his students.Great work, MR. Carroll!
on November 3, 2015
If I can learn just one thing from a book that makes me more productive or I can produce a better job and it runs between 15 & 20 bucks, I consider it worthwhile. This book was worthwhile. A good beginners book.
Unless you already know all this stuff,
get and read his book!

saves much frustration, wasted-effort and grief!

Read all his books, by the way: he's helpful!
on December 8, 1999
This is a book I have enjoyed reading and learning from. The book is well worth the money. I have purchased a copy for my son and he found it to be very helpful to him in his work...
on October 2, 2010
This is a great book that was particularly helpful to me for layout of a house foundation and excavation. Best used as a reference book before starting a big job.