Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Love_Simon sports Tools

The Celtic Dragon Tarot Kit
Format: Cards|Change

on March 16, 2018
I am crazy for this deck, one of my all time favourites.
on August 20, 2015
The most intuitive and amazing deck of cards yet! A friend of mine had these and the pulls were always spot on so I ordered these and it's the same deal with the deck I got! Everyone that pulls cards from this deck is speechless at their accuracy, and the artwork and descriptions are wonderful! So impressed!
on December 28, 2013
If your into Tarot and love Dragons this is for you. It comes with a book that has everything you need to know. The art work on the cards look beautiful. Good to have.
on December 9, 2013
This deck is amazing. I enjoy the way symbolism is explained. The interpretations are a little different from what I normal have read studying tarot, so this is refreshing and brings you to reality, taking responsibility for actions.
on February 10, 2013
The cards are beautiful and the interpretations excellent. I use this Celtic Dragon tarot on a regular basis. And as I do, it becomes easier and more fun. Helped me to understand a few things about my life and some were quite deep.
on February 20, 2017
Would not by this deck again. It's not very inspirational for me.
on November 20, 2002
I know I am just repeating what previous reviewers have stated. This is an awsome tarot deck. By far the best I own. The card art (by Lisa Hunt) is phenomenal. The imagery evokes strong emotions and can be very personal. The book is also wonderfully informative.
If you are looking for the your first deck, love celtic and dragon art, or are looking to add to you collection, I highly recommend getting the Celtic Dragon Tarot.
on August 2, 2002
This deck is simply awesome. The art of the cards is also extremely awesome. The book that accompanies it is also very helpful. The pictures of the cards are next to the text that describes their art and meaning. This is my first deck and I am glad that a chose it for my first deck. In the back of the book there are candle spells and meditations. If you are a dragon lover then this deck is a must but even if you are not I highly recommend it. I hope this review was helpful.
on April 3, 2001
This deck is astounding. The artist does a wonderful job portraying the images and ideas in the tarot deck. I feel that this deck defiantly represents a part of the Tarot that has been missing for years.
On the other hand... the book stinks. I barely flipped through it and noticed that the book doesn't do any justice to the deck itself. I actually (no joke) took the book and taped the card defiation section closed because the cards are so expressive I don't want my perceptions of what they represent to me altered.
Overall, this is definalty a great and amazing deck. I feel it is a great deck for beginners, definatly a great deck for the advanced, and and and... if you work with dragons, this deck SHOULDN'T go A DAY without being in your possession.
One person found this helpful
on April 24, 2001
I'll admit up front that I am not what you would call a devotee of the tarot. I had always known what they were and the general nature of how they are used, but it wasn't until I read the Illuminatus! trilogy by Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea that I picked up any real interest in the habit. Even now, I only have a casual stake in the cards--it isn't something that I do every day, nor do I think I can find the meaning of my life in a deck of cards. I do this for fun, and I think that gives me a little bit different perspective than some people might have. The first thing that you'll notice when you open the box is that the cards are beautiful. My complaints about the book which will follow notwithstanding, this set is worth the price for the cards alone. The only objection I could hope to muster is the fact that my particular pack was apparently mishandled by the US Post Office during shipping and the cards arrived warped--it's been quite an expirament trying to get them straight. The book, however, is another matter entirely. I'm not sure who D.J. Conway is, exactly, but I'm sure she's not for me. This book commits the twin sins of speaking to too narrow an audience and apparently being written entirely for commercial gain. The section containing interpretations of the cards really is laughable. It reads as though they took a set of the production notes Conway made before the project and decided to add them to the accompanying book to make it a little bit beefier. The guys in the marketing and editing departments of Llewellyn should be ashamed of themselves for that--they've done exceptional work in the past (most notably the Robin Wood deck), and they really dropped the ball in that area of this product. Of course, that's not the only problem with the book--far from it. The new age movement may be very nice for everybody who's involved in it, but this woman makes the entire thing sound slightly absurd. The writing is almost like something I would expect to hear in an old Cycle of the Werewolf movie--a mix of gypsy mystique and a little bit of Celtic history which ends up sounding more absurd than authoritative. Further, the majority of the book outside of the section detailing what the cards are supposed to symbolize has a lot less to do with the actual practice of tarot than you might expect. Chapters on candle magic and constructive meditation don't really cut it for me--if I'm buying a book relating to the tarot, I'd like to deal with the tarot. Now, I should note that this next problem does not show up in the cards at all, but I also couldn't help feeling a little excluded by Conway's tone in the writing. I understand that a substantial cross section of the tarot reading population are women, and further that they may be of Wiccan or Goddess oriented backgrounds, but some of the writing in her book goes so far as to leave men feeling slightly excluded from the practice. Every time she related men and women in the same context as positive and negative energy, the position of the negative and the male descriptor always synched up. It may all be in my head, but I was a little annoyed. One thing about the cards that I don't particularly like is the approach that some things that Conway did in the design seem to indicate. For one thing, I'm strongly against the association of wands with air and swords with fire. I can see how it would make sense on a superficial level to some people, but I'd like to think that I at least understand the basis of the elemental associations of the tarot deck and the appropriateness of the fire/swords association is nothing more than superficial. Fire is an energy that can be directed both to help man and to hurt him, much like our own creative energies, while air is something which is necessary to our survival, but which is all but impossible to control, which fits well with the negative associations tied to swords. Why anybody would want to switch the two is beyond me. Beyond that, Conway also states that the cards here should only be read in their upright positions. That strikes me as a little odd--generally people who only want to read the cards upright are either seeking to simplify their spreads or to make them a little bit more optimistic, since there are generally more positive spins you can put on upright cards than you can on reversed ones. Overall, it all combines to give me the feeling that, while Conway may have a very superficial understanding of what she was trying to do, that the deeper design just wasn't there when this deck was put together. Fortunately, that's not represented in the cards themselves. Considering all the objections that I have to the deck's designer and author, I think that four stars should indicate just how enthusiastically I recommend the deck itself. While I personally prefer to use a more traditional set for my spreads, these cards could easily be used for yourself or for clients, and they do speak well to me, and, I think, to most people. While I wouldn't say that this particular deck will have as broad an appeal as, say, the basic Marseille or Rider-Waite, or even the Robin Wood deck, so long as you aren't opposed to fantastic art and imagery in your cards, this is an excellent pickup for the collector or the regular practicioner.
3 people found this helpful