Echo Dot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition Beauty home Kindle Tools

Customer reviews

Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives
Format: Paperback|Change

on March 25, 2017
excellent
on February 1, 2004
This is a very interesting book, in which the author describes a profound and enlightening model of the world. Newton's views are affirmed by his field of work, where he takes his clients into deep hypnosis to gain 'soul-information' about the true nature of reality and the purpose of our lives. The author writes with such integrity and passion, I am personally convinced that Newton is the real deal.
The underlying message of the book - and frankly the good news - is that there is a bigger picture, that there is divine, loving purpose to life, and that our souls continue to live after death in the spirit world - (i.e. Paradise). Of course, this message is not 'news' at all, but rather basic wisdom which has been expressed in some form or another since the dawn of mankind. This book's message is aligned with the ongoing advancement of our evolutionary human awareness, and provides us with great detail into the nature of the bigger picture beyond the 'veil' of our clouded finite perspective.
Newton's clients affirm that life on the Other Side is our real 'homely' existence, and that our souls can re-incarnate as many times as we like on physical planes such as earth, in order to face challenges and trials which simply don't exist in Paradise. (A good way to interpret the nature of our short lives on earth is to perceive them as quick trips to the gym which advance our spiritual muscle and learning better than we could in the 'cotton wool' realm of the eternal spirit world.)
For each trip to earth, we can choose our own bodies, (the greater the physical challenge, the greater potential for spiritual advancement - hence, disabled bodies are actually blessings in disguise); we choose the timing of our incarnation and the conditions of our upbringing, and overall, our degree of wisdom and spiritual enlightenment throughout life is determined generally by our soul's level of growth and advancement. (I.e. materialistic or shallow folk might be beginners at the game of life, whilst wise and spiritually mature folk have probably done the rounds many times before). It is true that more and more great writers - including many advanced psychics- are singing off exactly the same hymn-sheet, affirming Michael Newton's model of the world. ...
All in all, I believe that "Destiny of Souls", and its counterpart "Journey of Souls", will stand the test of time, and provides humanity with another stepping stone towards an enlightened perspective of the way things really are.
on January 3, 2001
I read M. Newton's first book (Journey of Souls)about 5 years ago, and I couldn't wait for a follow-up.... finally, it's here! I am a "spiritual student" since the past 35 years, and I read tons of books about OBE, after-life, lucid dreaming, astral travel, Soul Travel, etc. This book sums it all up because Michael Newton tells a non-biais account of what happens BETWEEN lives....
We've all read about the "Tunnel of Light" seen by those who've had near-death experiences, the call of Light Beings, the account of those who "saw" dead relatives talk to them while they were still living, etc.... Destiny of Souls makes an account of about 70 cases where people tell what REALLY happen after a person "translates" (dies.) The author goes a step further than light tunnel, and so forth.
Moreover, there is a common thread among all those (all of us really!) who goes through this process: the love of dear ones that welcome us after departing from this Earth world, a personal spiritual being who guides us to our rightful place, the summary of our past life in a "holographic library," the Council of Elders who help us sort our different experiences (past and future), the choice of our new body (male or female, since Soul is androgenous) for a new incarnation on this planet - or elsewhere in the universe! -
All in all, an excellent book which will give hope to anyone seeking (and hoping) for something beyond the veil of death... For years, I was a practitioner of astral travel and today I learned the subtle art of Soul Travel (taught by ECK Masters,) which goes much further than "limited" astral travel, so I was able to validate my own personal experiences through reading some of the accounts in Newton's book.
A must read for the REAL spiritual student of all ages!
on August 1, 2003
I had read JOURNEY OF SOULS which left me thrilled beyond words. Then a friend of mine recommended MANY LIVES, MANY MASTERS (Weiss, MD) which confirmed a lot of things in JOUNEY OF SOULS. MANY LIVES wasn't as an easy read - but it confirmed that the Bible did mention reincarnation prior to the Roman era which was important to me. Then I read DESTINY OF SOULS!! It is more detailed than JOURNEY and wasn't as fast a read - since you wanted to concentrate on every word that was said. But the trip through this book was fantastic. Dr Newton has spent a lot of time researching what he is talking about and gives examples to back up what he is saying. I did contact him about having a regression perfomed - and he is retired now. He was kind enough to recommend someone that has been trained through him. You can locate a regression therapist via [...] - if you are interested too. These books have tied up all the religions I have been exposing myself to and questioning. I have been purchasing JOURNEY OF SOULS for those I care about and recommending DESTINY OF SOULS once they have completed JOURNEY. Another I would recommend is MESSAGES FROM THE MASTERS: TAPPING INTO THE POWER OF LOVE by Brian L. Weiss, MD. These two authors are from different coasts and have different training and background - but have clients that state the SAME THING!
on April 20, 2013
For over 20 years I have been searching for truth, the mystery of life, how it is orchestrated, where life begin, what happens when we die, why "bad things happen to good people" and many other inexplicable scenarios. The intrigue of the case studies presented, how past lives relate to current issues and the structure of souls groups is fasciating. Although I do not agree with all of Dr. Newton's personal conclusions, it is apparent that he is adept with his questioning and the presentation of material that he has gathered from his clients while under hypnosis. Much food for the thoughts of a curious mind! Thank you Michael.
on August 10, 2002
An incredible book! One I highly recomend. This book has brought me wisdom, comfort and joy. It is a great learning experience while being a pure joy to read.
on October 2, 2000
Michael Newton is one of a handful of published researchers who is adding to our knowledge of life between lives through the use of hypnosis. In coming decades, this kind of research should build and expand until we have a detailed understanding of life on the higher dimensions. In this book he continues his years of investigations, taking us further into an understanding of the soul's journey in and out of incarnation. Some topics covered in this book are (1) The various ways recently deceased souls try to make contact with those left behind, (2) How our spiritual energy is restored after a difficult incarnation or traumatic death, (3) How our between-life vocations can manifest in our earthly careers, (4) More on colors as indications of levels of attainment, (5) Spiritual names, (6) Much more on our soul groups, and how we interact between and during incarnations, (7) The "Council of Elders", a review panel of higher beings who help us gain insight on our lives just after we complete one, and just before we begin a new one, (8)How souls are "born" from higher levels into the level we spend time in between lives, (9) Extensive case studies of the "library" of past lives which souls study in between lifetimes. With Newton's work and those of similar investigators we are finally gaining an understanding of life in higher dimensions based on research and first-hand reports, rather than speculation and belief. Other than Newton's work, two other good books along this line are out of print, but generally not hard to find. One is LIFE BETWEEN LIVES (1986) by Whitton and Fisher. That book also follows the case-study approach. A second book is EXPLORING REINCARNATION (1987) by Hans Tendam. This book is a rigorous summary of the whole subject of past lives, life between lives, and the reliability of hypnosis as a tool of investigation. It's not a light read, but is the most in depth and thorough book on the subject to date, and essential reading for anyone who wishes to become well informed about it. A marvelous personal account of an accomplished "soul traveler" is THE TIGERS FANG by Paul Twitchell, whose account of the inner dimensions is remarkable.
on January 2, 2002
I first read Journey of Souls a few years ago, and had the same feeling of resonance that many reviewers did. But I wasn't convinced and still wanted to know more. I wrote to a reviewer on this site who had visited him, and following her suggestion, wrote to Dr. Newton for an appointment. At the time, he had a three-year waiting list, and was seeing about 2-3 clients a week. I saw him just before Destiny of Souls was completed, and while I did not experience my memories with the same clarity the subjects in his book did, I can say with utter certainty that Dr. Newton is not making it up, and is not manipulating his readers.
From my conversations with him, I have found him to be very intelligent, caring, funny, and honest. My experience in hypnosis was a bit unsettling for me, as much as the skeptic in me wanted to dismiss the truths I had learned about myself, I could not attribute my memories to anything that I had seen in his books or elsewhere. Nor did he plant the ideas in my head. He is absolutely the stubborn investigator he describes in his books and challenged the things I said, questioned me during the session, compared to things I had said earlier to make sure I was still saying the same things. Then, at the end of the session told me where I had said something similar to his other clients that had not been in Journey of Souls (but is now in Destiny), such as my detailed explanation of the medallion worn by one of the "Council" members.
In retrospect, I think the most amazing thing about my session was my casual attitude - as I talked about "unbelievable" things like hybrid souls I might as well have been telling him "the sky is blue" with the nonchalant way I felt. In fact, a few times I did get frustrated with his questioning, the same way someone would if challenged with "No, the sky is GREEN". What I was saying felt then, as it does now, to be nothing but pure and simple truth.
For the further skeptical, my small claim to fame is that one of his "One of my clients said.." comments to illustrate a point about soul names was something I told him after my session. So I know that whenever he says a client said something, they did.
I would encourage anyone who is interested in having this regression done, to write to him care of his publisher and include a self-addressed stamped envelope. This is the only way to contact him. One note though, he is currently in the process of retiring his practice and directs new clients to people that he has trained from across the country. Even if you don't see him personally, though, the experience of the regression is absolutely worth it.
on April 12, 2002
Many people have heard of past life regressions via hypnosis. There seems to be a multitude of beliefs as to exactly what happens in past life regression. Is it real? Is it something other than an actual past life? Now to add more information to this debate and a whole different fascinating field of study, we have the work of the author Michael Newton, PhD. Instead of just past life regressions, Michael has concentrated on what happens between the different lives? When one life ends his studies begin and continue until the next reincarnation.
The book represents years of study and includes information from dozens of case studies. The subjects covered include reincarnations, angels, ghosts, how evil people are dealt with after they die, soul mates and literally dozens of similar items.
With chapters on Death, Grief and Comfort, Earthly Spirits, Spiritual Energy Restoration it deals with many of the questions that people may have about the after life. In addition it covers an advanced social system of souls that his research has uncovered. That system includes Soul Groups, a Council of Elders, Community Dynamics, and the Ring of Destiny.
Well written and easy to follow, it is a fascinating read that some will find enlightening while others will find offensive and most will find somewhere in between.
on January 19, 2001
Very good book, very easy reading lets it be known that our physical death is a routine part of our continuing eternal existence and is only the next step to our next life. What is it, balancing karma from previous lives that leads to the next adventure or is death truly the end of it all. Michael Newton's new book contains his insights as well as case histories of soul regressions to previous lives and the existence that occurs in- between past and present physical incarnations. There is a good mixture of science, procedural hypothesis and anlaysis, and subjective and soulful deductions of what our souls experience during its eternal existence.
I gave this book 4 stars only because I felt Mr. Newton's previous book "Journey of Souls" was better. "Journey" was the initial shock, it contained longer and more detailed transcripts of his patients' soulful adventures. This book contained more of Newton's own analysis, and while his analysis are very worthwhile reading, it just didn't have the holding power that "Journey" had. Still an excellent and insightful book.