countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty Furniture Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on October 27, 1998
Having had an intense interest in angels and spirit guides, and having done considerable work with them over the past 5 years, I eagerly picked up Webster's book. Sad to say, I couldn't even finish his section on the angel guardians - it was so poorly written and lacking in substance. The subject is not one which lends itself to a "Cliff Notes" treatment - the reader would be better served by picking up Silver Raven Wolf's "Angels - Companions in Magic," from which Webster quotes in his own book! Ms. Raven Wolf is a true angelologist and her working knowledge of angels is second to none. Webster's treatment of the subject of spirit guides fares no better. He begins this section with an abidged history of the spiritualist movement in the 19th century. Webster focuses on the events surrounding the notorious Fox sisters of New York, but conveniently omits one very crucial fact about them: they recanted their so-called spirit guides and admitted to creating a hoax from the beginning! It is appalling that an author would so manipulate facts to bolster his theories and present them as gospel truth. Frankly, I found his treatment of seances, spirit contact, and the like to be outright dangerous - Webster apparently has been lucky and has never encountered truly malevolent spirits - READER BEWARE! This is not a parlor game - nor should contact with the spirit world be undertaken with such a capricious manner. I will credit Webster with some nice, easy relaxation techniques - but I would seriously discourage anyone from indulging in past life regressions unless they are firmly grounded in their metaphysical beliefs and have control of their psychic powers. Those wishing to seriously study the phenomena of spirit guides should consult "Spirit Guides" by Iris Belhayes - a much better and safer treatment of the subject. Webster may be an expert on feng shui and other occult subjects, but I could not, with good conscience, recommend this book to any one.
Spirit Guides & Angel Guardians by Richard Webster Is a healing book for those who believe in spirit allies in conjunction with connecting to the higher self and increasing intuition. I do believe and concur with the school of thought that many people (regardless of self-confidence level, perceived intellectual intelligence and/or emotional intelligence) have varied levels of intuition. However, I understand that some people naturally have it from the day they are born while others must strengthen their intuition as you would a physical muscle and with practice. I have heard even heard from well-meaning people (within the new age community) who say that it is not necessary for spiritual evolution to connect with spirit helpers during the course of one’s physical lifetime. However, I intend to still learn about connecting with my heavenly spiritual allies and strengthening my communication for two main reasons; I notice that the more I make a genuine effort to do this then the more my intuition blooms/strengthens. Additionally, with increased spirit ally communication, my connection with my higher self is strengthening and my sense of discernment and awareness of when and/or where to take practical action on certain matters sharpens. With all of this said, the book Spirit Guides & Angel Guardians by Richard Webster contains among the following details;
Unconventional Information relating to ‘Creating Your Guardian Angel” (pages 61-75).
Spirit Guides (pages 149-166)
Your Limitless Guides (such as your practical and creative guides, pages 227-239).
Notes (pages 297-317)-It appears that the author is providing (with obvious good intentions) some references and books both for further information and to show the inspiration sources for his information.
on August 17, 2002
i enjoyed this book tremendously. i read it straight thru..
Webster explains a lot about Angels (especially the Archangels) and spirit guides. He goes into the differences between Angelic helpers and spirit guides and gives meditation exercises to help put you into contact with both. There is one particular ritual in the book for invoking all 4 Archangels that was absolutely wonderful! It was my first experience in working with the Archangels and i definately felt their presence. It was a pure blessing.
i have read many books on Angels and Spirit Guides and do highly reccommend this one, but if you are a beginner, it may be best to read another book first or familiarize yourself (research) the Archangels first.........
Definately a welcomed source to the Angel section of my library..
on January 23, 2001
"Basically, we are magnets who attract to ourselves whatever we think about," Richard Webster writes in his latest book, Spirit Guides & Guardian Angels: Contact Your Invisible Helpers. The good news is that we have helpers waiting to assist us in attracting abundance, radiance, and happiness to our lives. Webster says that "we all have a veritable army of special beings who are working all the time to help us achieve our goals and become successful." His book is a guide to recognizing and welcoming those special beings into our lives.
Webster traces the history of angels and spirit guides from antiquity forward, citing several references to angels in the Bible. He explains that, although angels can appear in human form if they want to, "they are not the souls of people who have died, unlike spirit guides, who are "people who have passed over into the next life."
The book is filled with specific tips on how to contact your invisible helpers. He also details what you should say and do once you've made contact. It is possible to contact "mischievous" spirits, and he recommends asking if the spirit you've contacted is from God before listening to it.
Webster emphasizes that learning to listen to and heed the small voice inside is of primary importance.
He provides guidelines for starting a "psychic circle," whereby a group of people interested in spiritual growth can practice contacting spirit guides.
Webster lectures and conducts workshops internationally in addition to writing magazine columns and more than 35 books. Readers searching for spiritual help will find Spirit Guides and Angel Guardians invaluable.
on January 21, 2002
I expected a lot more from this book, all the hype I heard from people about it didn't even compare to how poorly I feel it was put together, some of it was cool and his explainations of letters to your angels etc, but all n all it wasn't worth the buy.sorry I hate leaving bad reviews.
on July 1, 1998
Spirit Guides and Angel Guardians goes deep into the heart of our soul, and helps the reader understand and experience "higher" beings. The book is written that the layman who has no knowledge of Spiritulism will enjoy it as much as a guru on the subject. With the information presented in the book you can ask simple and complex questions to you angels and guides and get immediate responses to better your life. Richard Webster uses personal stories, accounts and history to make the book a joy to read. What you get out of this book is the ability, through our angels and guides, to have peace, prosperity and happiness in the beautiful world around us.