countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty Furniture Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on January 14, 2013
I bought this book about 2 months ago, as I was dealing with a lot of overwhelming emotions that made my life a struggle. My boyfriend had just decided to take some time apart since my outbursts and destructive behaviours (especially taking out my painful feelings on him) were making our relationship suffer so badly that separation seemed to be the only solution for the sake of his own sanity. I could just not bare the idea of loosing him because of borderline personality disorder and I thought I must do something about my behaviours.

Then, I found this book and read a lot of positive comments about it. I decided to give it a try... and certainly don't regret it now!
From the very beginning, I felt understood by the authors. Everything is just so clear and easy to understand. This is truly a step-by-step guide to take you from beginner to master in Dialectical Behavior Therapy. I've only gone through the first chapter out of 10, and I already see positive results.

I would recommend this book to anyone who has a hard time dealing with emotions and who have a real desire to change. The only secret to make this book as effective as it is meant to be is to simply take your time and make sure you have practiced and mastered as many skills as possible in the "basic skills" chapters before going for the "advanced skills" ones.

And to anyone who reads this comment: there's is hope. All it takes is a lot of courage, and miracles will happen.

Good luck!
on March 7, 2014
After years of dragging myself through Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and believing I was a total failure, and becoming even more depressed, being told to "just let it all go", "leave it at the Cross", "just quit thinking about it", and "think happy, positive thoughts", I now have relief! I needed some validation and to know that I am where I am today through all of my life's experiences. I am living in the "present" now and am not fighting with my past so much (I do have some days with sadness). Knowing that, so called, negative feelings (sadness, anger, and jealousy) are part of being alive, and not something to be cut out of one's life, has been, strangely enough, a great relief. I just needed some tools on living with emotion and this workbook gave me just that!
on February 3, 2014
If you have any kind of issue with regulating emotion, this book has many exercises and tips to help you get through the worst moments of your life. I wish I found it sooner. My life has greatly improved!
on May 15, 2013
This book really is the ultimate, affordable, self help class in DBT. Doing the exercises can be very tough, as it makes you face the tough stuff in your head, but that's the best way to get better. We have to face our demons to get over them. This book puts you right in the middle of the battle and helps you win.
on July 1, 2017
Standard CBT stuff. Nothing new under the sun I guess.
on March 30, 2017
Great book - university counselling setting. We relied on this book heavily to create group material for a mindfulness stress management group.
on May 25, 2017
It seems to be a good book, but it was written in all over the place, thought it was going to be new..
on May 24, 2017
I recommend this book. It has helped me greatly.
on May 23, 2017