countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on November 12, 2014
Google for corrections for this book because there are a couple typos, but otherwise I enjoyed these recipes. I tried the Bangkok Peanut, chocolate, maple w/ buttered nuts (way too sweet but I just reduced the syrup the next time and it was perfect), and the vanilla with berry sauce. I also tried the macaroon ice cream sandwiches - they were fun, but the macaroons were only good for a couple days in the freezer before they started to get soggy even while frozen so eat them fast!
on December 6, 2014
If you're thinking of getting into home-made ice cream, you really only need to buy one book.
Jeni's technique is easy to follow, yet produces very good results!
My other ice cream books have been collecting dust ever since I bought this one!
on January 6, 2013
Great book. Love that the recipes are egg free. Would highly recommend this book for anyone looking to make some of the best ice cream they've ever tasted.
on March 31, 2015
Loved it and bought another copy for my Mom!
on August 22, 2015
Love it
on December 23, 2011
I wanted an ice cream book with recipes that didn't include eggs, and this seemed like the perfect one. Got really good reviews on amazon.com. But I gotta say, the flavours are a bit too "chi-chi" for me if you know what I mean. Okay my kids are not interested in gouda ice cream, and the process is a pain, and it really doesn't create better ice cream. The process is the same for all recipes, so if you see a sample recipe on the internet, you can just adapt that as you like. It never got silky smooth like it was suposed to. All in all, I was really disappointed, and this will be one of the few cook books I actually ditch. BTW, I make ice cream every week, so it's not like I'm a novice, just disappointed.