countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty Home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Showing 11-20 of 42 reviews(5 star). See all 52 reviews
on January 3, 2011
This book has opened our eyes, changed our ways, and saved us from spending WAY too much money on oils and creams and fats, and we feel better using coconut oil for everything too !
on October 15, 2010
This is a very informative book ,very easy to follow and understand the principles on how coconut oil works in your body to improve your health and well being. I've found it a great help and have added it to my health arsenal of what I take everyday in the place of vitamins , or suppliments. I very happy to see I'm also losing some weight that the last few years I had started to put on. Energy level has increased and I find my breathing is getting deeper and easier. ( I have a form of multiple chemical sensitivity where my sense of smell was affected and made very sensitive , along with breathing problems , chest tightness, and headaches ) So far chest tightness has eased up , almost gone and headaches are gone . I hope the longer I take the coconut oil the more my health will improve .
on February 7, 2003
Unbelievable! The lies we've been told for 20 years about saturated fats, how unhealthy it was for us, and how vegetable and soybean oils were the best option for overall health. After reading this book, I know why Americans, especially our kids, are so overweight! This book will open your eyes to what we've been missing out on all these years. Buy one for yourself and one for someone you care about.
on April 6, 2004
By using only one tip in this book, my husband was able to get rid of an athletes foot problem he had suffered with for months. He had tried EVERY over-the-counter preparation. Finally went to the doctor. He was given a prescription for a 30 day supply of pills. The cost was over $200! Counseling with the pharmacist and discovering that PERMANENT health damage could result made us decide to NOT use the pills.
We did find the cure for the athletes foot in this book--the cost was $3.99 (swansonvitamins.com) without any side effects. Caprylic acid! One 600 mg soft gel daily until the bottle was finished. Coconut oil contains caprylic acid. We also started using virgin coconut oil and canned coconut milk--be sure to buy the brand with the HIGHEST fat content. Ten ounces of the canned coconut milk daily is enough to provide a healing dose of coconut oil. It can be used in smoothies, pudding, on oatmeal, in cooking, in soups and stews. I also add some to my tea or coffee. Simply refrigerate the canned coconut milk after opening. It will solidify in the refrigerator (melting temp. 76 degrees). Spoon onto oatmeal or into hot beverages.
I also need to share that the reason I found this info on coconut oil is because I began having thyroid problems and was doing some websearching for info. SOY was causing me to grow a goiter and causing other thyroid problems. The problems reversed after eliminating soy from my diet--no small task as it is in EVERYTHING. (Note: lecithin is soy). Try doing a web search by entering: soy danger. Shocking!
This book is well written and easy to understand. I am buying additonal copies to share with others.
I also recommend the book Alpha Lipoic Acid by Alan Sosin.
on July 7, 2015
This is a thorough review of the effects of coconut oil. Although there are lengths at times, it is very thoughtfully written. If you want to know about the antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and anti-parasitic effects of coconut oil tis is the book for you. If you have an interest in shedding about 30 pounds per year without changing your diet other than replacing polyunsaturated fats by coconut oil, then read this book. Olive oil is good in your salads, coconut oil is good for cooking. But this is only a superficial summary. You will be surprised how many more applications there are for coconut oil when you read this book!
on February 6, 2014
After reading this book, I started incorporating coconut oil into my diet and even discarded my canola oil and stopped using olive oil for heated cooking. I did not realize prior to making these changes, how crummy I was actually feeling. I can't say enough good things about coconut oil since I have started using it! I use it for almost everything!
on September 4, 2016
This book is a must read, must have for anyone who wants to understand the reasoning behind Coconut oil. Read it through quickly to feel the adrenaline peak, the read it slowly to fully understand and use this oil.
Like Vitamin D , Coconut oil is a daily requirement.
on May 23, 2014
great book and a very interesting read. so much makes sense and I have switched to coconut oil for a lot of my daily cooking, skin care. oil pulling and more. Recommend it for sure
on May 16, 2013
I'm half way through this book, and have found it very interesting. We are eating coconut daily, and have are cooking a bit with it too. There are recipes inside as well.
on July 1, 2014
Great book, lots of detailed information and yet it was a complete page turner. I could hardly put it down. When i finished reading I loaned it to my Mom and she has since passed it along and is purchasing a copy of her own. Bruce has a natural ability to take complex and very academic knowledge and make it palatable and interesting. Highly recommend this book and many of his others.