countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on May 9, 2015
Well-written, interesting topic.
on April 2, 2014
I liked this read. I just started reading this booked and did not stop till it was done. The only issue I have is I don't think reading this book would make you an expert at being able to identify a psychopath. It does however create an awareness as to why some people behave the way they do. I would recommend reading this one.
on October 9, 2013
Not what was expecting, but a pleasant surprise. Learned a lot, but it read le a novel-not as the guide-book I thought i was ordering. Very absorbing!
on June 5, 2013
The reader will find themselves drawn in and learning with Jon every step of the way. A wonderful read that will shape the way I look at the people around me.
on June 18, 2011
This was my first experience reading anything by Jon Ronson, the author of "The Psychopath Test." Ronson does a great job of infusing the book with both facts and personal opinions/thoughts/and experiences. The way the book starts out may seem a little off course, but it is very intriguing and indeed ties in with the overall theme and direction of the book.

Ronson asks the questions, "What does it mean to be a psychopath in today's society?" and "How do psychopaths differ from other human beings?" and answers them by travelling the world talking to different experts on the subject. He even goes so far to befriend a man in a mental facility accused of being a psychopath.

Ronson truly does offer a unique view into the world of psychopaths. The one problem I have with this book, however, is that I expected it to focus heavily on psychopaths in positions of power in today's world; people in the government, top tiers of business corporations, and in the media. Although he does address these questions somewhat, and does talk to a few people regarding this, he doesn't delve into it in nearly as much detail as I had hoped.

Overall, a very intersting read, but I would love it if he dove further into the idea that many people in power may possibly be psychopaths.
I would recommend this book to anyone, especially someone with an existing interest in psycholoy, medicine, and power.